decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, June 3, 2021

Yay!!!

 Yay! We finally had some rain!! No where near the length of rain that was predicted but, rain never-the-less. The weather has sure been fickle of late. We have had heat but not death defying-albeit DRY, my brother and sister-in-law were caught in a mini-blizzard last week out west and now just a week later and a few states away they're anticipating temps over 100 while friends who live in Texas are looking to build an ark...their rains are just not stopping. Oh well, it is one of the many things we have no control over so, life goes on and we adapt. And, for me today, that means trying to get a few more things off of the to-do list.

And, a good way to start is to take you into the dining room.



I still love this star that my grand daughters and I made many years ago as family gifts. I had seen one that looked like this in a magazine somewhere and it was a Bethany Lowe design. I have always loved almost all of her things...they speak to that vintage, kind of distressed passion that I have always had for holiday items. Of course, as has happened before, there were no details on the piece so I didn't know how large or small it was. I set off to find styrofoam stars and was not successful in that hunt so I bought a large, flat sheet of styrofoam instead and we cut our own.

Of course, when crafting with these girls, glitter was always an essential and I think I just might still have a few bits of red glitter in my house from this project! We coffee stained a coffee filter to use as the medallion, cut and glittered the smaller stars, printed the banner, and embellished with two small paper flags and some beads on the points of the star.

I actually went back to 2009 and found these pictures. Wow...just wow! We all look so much younger. Lol




After moving the 4X4 fire crackers around to many other places, they ended up back here and this is where I used the star and stripes wood tags as well. I love it when I make things but then never really have an idea where they are going to go! Lol

So that is the dining room for this year. I'll be back with more soon. Until then, stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment