decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Just in the Nick of Time

As I was doing my patriotic decorating this past week, who knew that I would have it all done just in the nick of time? I posted that I was dog sitting for daughter #3 while her family was out of town for the weekend. I had forgotten that even though public schools were out for this year, private schools were not and two of my grand children attend private schools...hence, they had to be home for school on Tuesday. With that in mind, they got back to town much earlier than I had expected and asked if they could bring over an impromptu Memorial Day bar-b-que. Who could say no to that? Lucky for me, I had a "few" decorations up...not to mention plates, cups, napkins...and all the stuff...ready to go. Lol

Even though the temperatures was supposed to be high, there was a gentle breeze-not to mention shade at one end of the pool-so we had a beautiful afternoon catching up, swimming and having a wonderful meal!

Today, I am missing my little shadow but she will be back soon when the family once again heads off on vacation. I thought before I tackle some things on the never ending "to-do" list, I would take you into the kitchen area.














I guess there really isn't much to say about the kitchen. Most everything decorative here is also functional...which I love. I am happy when all of my things are being used but even happier when they are easily accessible and the kitchen layout pretty much assures that these days. I think the only new addition this year-so far-is the blue pitcher above. I found that while shopping down in St. Pete and for some reason, it spoke to me. I actually envisioned it full of flowers but, for now it is here.

So, that is today's tour. I'm off to get something done while waiting to see when my car can go in...once again. It seems there is some kind of electrical issue that is not showing up on diagnostics...oh happy day! At least my life seldom is boring! Stay safe and stay tuned.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment