decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, June 17, 2021

On the Fence

 I think the last time I posted I was talking about the lazy days of summer. Don't know how I managed it but they seem to have gotten even lazier the past week. Daughter #3, her family (with three kids) and three extra kids are now in Arkansas visiting her in-laws for a few weeks...and their dog is here with me. My car is still in the shop with apparently every mechanic trying to figure out why it is doing what it is doing without any error codes showing up on the computer!

I think normally I would be a bit panicked knowing I couldn't leave my house but, I have been well taken care of. My son-in-law loaded me up on groceries, a friend took me to lunch and then to Lowes where I needed to load up on a lot of things-and those things in turn gave me what I needed to do some small repairs all day long yesterday!

My friend also made a surprise grocery trip for me and one of mt daughter's assistants keeps checking on me, so I am doing fine...and, giving myself permission to play with Hazel and wile away the days just as I choose!

In any case, one of those days I got a little antsy to do a craft. I had seen a picture that looked like it was made by covering paint sticks with scrapbook paper and making it into the "suggestion" of the US flag. I actually had everything I would need so I decided to give it a try.

Once everything was gathered, I wondered if I couldn't do the same thing a bit more easily by just cutting strips of cardboard and using that as the "stripes" instead of the stir sticks.

So, I gave that a try. I just cut the paper, glued the cut strips all down onto a sheet of cardboard and cut them apart.

Next, I was on to the stars. I cut three stars out of the cardboard, glued them on to a blue paper and cut them out. I did decide to give all of the cut pieces a bit of a distressed look on their edges because the paper I was using had a bit of a vintage, distressed look.


Then, I assembled it all and put it in the frame...and wasn't really impressed.

I let it go over night and in the morning decided I might like it better with a star napkin decoupaged over the star shapes. And so, I gave that a try.

It kind of looks OK up there...it definitely fits into the "star requirement"- Lol - but it also has some of the same vintage images that are on the plate so, maybe, it is serendipity? NOPE! Don't think I would go quite that far on this one but, as I have said many times before, if I enjoy the process and it happily fills my time, I consider it a successful project...that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I'll definitely be back but no telling what exciting tales I will have then. Stay safe and stay tuned.





No comments:

Post a Comment