decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, August 7, 2020

Let's Finish Up!

I'm thinking we might better finish up on the late summer house tour because I'm really not sure how much time the sunflowers have left. I truly think that as soon as I know I have 2-3 empty days, they will be a thing of the past and the leaves and pumpkins will appear. I am fighting really badly with myself to hold off a little longer but, since it takes me so long to put out Halloween and I need to start that about the third week in September to get them done on time so that they get at least a full month, I just need to get busy! Does that sentence even make any sense? But, I think you know what I mean. I love my autumn decor so much and I need at least a full month with it...so, no promises after today. Lol

I think the only thing I haven't shared yet is the family room so, let's head there.




I missed having light along the mantle so much that I managed to find a set of twinkly lights on a brown cord that I will use when there is no other light source. These things have 6 different functions and are a very warm light so I just love the twinkle it adds to the room at night!





This is where the new little vase ended up for now. I bought it to use in this unit because the shelves are so deep it definitely needs lighter colored decor to show up. Very soon it will hold some of the new autumn foliage!



And, this is where the amber colored candle holder found a home for now. I also bought another set of 6 of my favorite Luminara candles in the rust color so I was happy to get a bit more of a night time glow in this corner. I don't know what I would do without my Luminara candles. I love the glow from candles so much but, not only is lighting all of those candles all over the house a pain in the neck each evening but, for me, a real threat of burning the house down. Lol Sometimes I just forget they are lit in so many rooms. Now, I can have the entire house glowing in the evenings and just light a few jarred Yankee Candles for fragrance. And, they're all on timers so they come on and off on their own. I am a happy camper and my house is a bit safer. Win/win!



Not a whole lot more that needs to be said about this room except that I do love sitting here in the evenings...and can't wait until there is a fire in that fireplace.

This is my next craft adventure. I have been putting this off because I'm really not sure if I am happy with the plan. But, I need something to keep me busy for a few days so, this is the lucky winner. I'll be back to let you know how it is going. Stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment