decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Forget the Visions of Sugarplums!

No sugarplum dreams for me...my dreams is full of autumn. And, I am having the hardest time giving my sunflower decor its fair share because all I can think about are leaves and pumpkins. One by one, my family and friends are caving and putting out their autumn stuff. In the past, many might have considered this too early, but, I think, with all that is going on in our world, people are just doing anything that brings them some comfort and happiness.

Since I want to try to hang on to my sunflowers just a bit longer, I did the next best thing. I went to HL to immerse myself in the sights and smells of autumn. I swear my blood pressure goes down 20 points just seeing all of that! And, I just had to pick up a few new treasures while I was there. I also hopped into Target and, you can see, if anything even remotely looked like autumn, it was in my cart. Lol


I'm really not sure how I will use it all just yet but, I know I have some new areas to decorate since last fall and, you know the old, popular adage..."one can NEVER have too many autumn leaves"! Lol

I headed over to daughter #3's house early afternoon. My grand daughter was 11 yesterday and, unlike her brothers who usually choose the most expensive restaurant in town, she not only wanted a home cooked meal (although she did opt for a steak dinner) but to make her own cake as well...all from scratch. She really enjoys baking and, since my brother and sister-in-law gave her her own cake decorating set, she was all about frosting. She and her BFF (who are born just one day apart so they have two birthdays to celebrate in two days) made a really good-not too sweet-butter cream and were off and running. Of course, like most 11 year olds, they didn't want to take time to make a plan or read directions on the various tips-although it does sound like that is to come because they really wanted to make those roses on the little nail looking thing (?)

In any case, they had a grand time and we all had a delicious dinner and dessert!






I'm off to try to see what I might do with some of my new treasures...and, I think there might even be a thing or two that I can still fit into my late summer decor. Then, I hope to get started on my next ornament idea. I'll be back soon. Stay safe and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment