decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, May 25, 2020

Next!!

I'm ready to take you into the kitchen for a peek at my 4th decor in there. As I am editing and posting these pictures, I am getting more and more sad that I can't add any new crafts or treasures. Believe me, after we get the all-clear, it will not be toilet paper and cleaning supplies that I will be heading for. It will be garden and crafting supplies. I always have a pretty good stock pile of "all the things" but the last three months have sure put a dent in that! Any way...





This little shelf always looks so "blah" in pictures but it really does add a cute pop to the kitchen and, at night when that candle pops on, it adds a pretty glow to the space.










I follow a number of craft sites and occasionally I will post my holiday decor like I do here. Every single time my pig shows up in a post, I have numerous people tell me that they have the very same one - he's a popular fellow! I actually originally saw him in a home on the Christmas house tour in the historic district of St. Pete. Something about him spoke to me and I never forgot him. Imagine my joy when I was eating at "Lunch on Limoges" in Dade City one day and looked up and saw him being used in their restaurant to present the day's special. When I asked our server, I was told that I should roam through their shop after I was done eating and I would find him there - for sale! I can't tell you why, but I love him so much. Maybe it's his expression? And, he has been known to withstand the indignity of being dressed in boas, necklaces, glasses, etc. over the years by my grand children
without complaining! Lol Maybe that's why he has that expression?


So, that's the kitchen for this year.

This has been a fun week. I finally got to go get my hair done. My hairdresser has her own shop. It is small and she is the only one there so she is being very careful to book appointments 30 minutes apart so she has time to clean everything between clients. There is no overlap of people and she wears a mask and has actually been quarantining herself for 3 months so, I felt as confident as I could going 3 weeks after our governor opened salons. Then, daughter #3 came down for a lovely visit yesterday and brought me all of my favorite goodies from the Fresh Market and today I am waiting for my brother and sister-in-law to arrive for a visit. And, not the least by any means, but I have been enjoying the company of daughter #3's two dogs while their family is enjoying a break over in St. Augustine. I love it when a week that starts out with an empty calendar can takes so many unexpected and fun turns!

And then, I was able to pull off a little craft - I'll take anything I can get these days. Daughter #2 and her hubby will be married for 26 years this Friday and with no Hallmark in sight, I needed to get a card made and in the mail. I found this idea on Pinterest and it was so easy to copy. I actually love the way it turned out and it was so simple.



Looks like we're in for some rain this week but I will not complain because it has been so hot and dry already that moisture is sorely needed. I'll be back soon. Stay safe and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment