decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Finally!!

If you are at all a follower of this blog, you have probably heard that this is just NOT my favorite time of year. I live in Florida but I am by no means a fan of heat! Things will be so hot here soon that even getting in the pool doesn't seem to help. But, there isn't anything I can do about it so I do my yard work as early as possible and then I try to stay busy indoors until early evening.

But, with the exception of the 4th of July, there isn't a lot more that excites me over the summer - indoors or out! I grew up in south Florida and am just not a fan of coastal design so, seashell crafts are out for me. Coral and fish are out for me. I'm also not much of a fan of the colors associated with summer. And so, this is definitely the time of year that I find it hardest to come up with substance for a blog post...especially since we're all pretty much still staying home.

And so, I just had to jump into my patriotic decor. I needed something to keep me busy The few new things that I made I have already shared with you and, since I am pretty much out of most craft supplies, there is nothing new on the horizon. Although, I will admit, I truly haven't found any new ideas of things I want to make anyhow. Sorry...just not my favorite time of year.

In any case, I will try to share the 4th decorating slowly so we can stretch it out until at least June. Lol After that, it's anybody's guess what I might come up with!



I still love this wreath. I am really not very good at wreath making but I like this one.





When I posted these two older projects on a craft site that I follow, I was inundated with comments and requests for instructions. The pledge on the flag is pretty much a no-brainer but that flag holder was a doozy to make. The idea was from Martha Stewart, so no wonder. Does she ever do anything easily?
 














So that is this year's living room. I just realized that none of my new crafts ended up in here so you will have to wait a bit longer to see where they did land. I know, you're probably on the edge of your seat. I know by my lack of comments that most things are pretty much as they were last year. I probably would have added a new treasure or two if I could get out and about, but that isn't happening so I'll go with what I have. I am holding out hope that we will be able to have our big family gathering for the 4th...fingers crossed. Stay safe and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment