decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Moving Along

Things are looking...and smelling... pretty good around here. We have had a bit of rain lately - yay - and it has definitely "greened" things up. There are so many flowers outside waiting to be cut but I grabbed these a few minutes ago and my house already smells wonderful! If I plan to be outside - and I do in just a bit - I will leave the blooms where they are because I like to see them while I am out there. But, when I am ready to call it a day, you can be sure I will be snipping most of them and bringing them inside to enjoy.



These are just some of the blooms from the smaller plants in my yard that got beaten down with a heavy shower the other day.


I LOVE huge bouquets of hydrangeas in my home whenever I can get them but I am being a bit judicious with what I am cutting this year as I did a MAJOR trim back on the hedge earlier because it was just getting too leggy. The bushes have come back nice and full but I want them to be a bit taller since they are a hedge so I am kind of leaving them alone. My soil must have all sorts of different levels of acidity as the blooms are going from light pink to dark blue as the hedge moves away from the pool deck. My absolute favorite are the beautiful shades of purple!



And, here are the beautiful alstroemerias that daughter #2 brought the other day. They are one of my favorites because they last so long. I have a bunch in my garden but they have finished their first bloom and will be back - I just never know when. Lol


OK. I promised that we would move along so let's hit the dining room today. I can't believe how much I still love this console table that I rescued from my daughter's back patio. It took a lot of "filling in" of holes and chips but now it looks as good as new - or should I say as good as "old" as that was the intent!



I truly have no idea why but I love these silly fire crackers made from some left over 4X4 pieces.


I had to "steal" this urn from the shelves in the family room. I actually bought it for the shelves because it is large and white and can actually be seen in those deep, dark spaces. But, I had forgotten that this is the first time I've decorated for the 4th since I moved out the old fireplace and replaced it with this piece. I love this piece so much better but I lost some much needed "merchandising" space with the change. Ever since I have had this piece here, I have used a large urn of some type on the left. I have filled it with something of the holiday/season. My eye just got used to that so now I can't tolerate anything there that doesn't fill that bill. And, since I can't get out to find a new treasure, this was all I could find that pleased my eye.







  This isn't the greatest picture but I threw it in to remind you of where the shutter landed and how nicely it balances with the other side of the room.


So that brings you through the dining room. There is a bit more to share so I will be back. Stay safe and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment