decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, May 9, 2020

It's Just Like Magic!

Wow, have we been having the MOST picture perfect weather! I can not stay inside so, as promised, I brought back my favorite pressure cleaner and went to town. I think I have read that you are really not supposed to pressure clean wood but, we had this fence custom built many, many years ago. It was definitely worth every penny we spent but, it is finally beginning to show some wear. So far, I have been able to just do some repairs but, with not all that many more years in its future, having it be visually pleasing is more important to me right now. I love to sit out by my pool in the afternoons but, with all of the mildew and algae on the fence, my eye can not help but focus on it instead of all of my pretty flowers that are beginning to pop back up.

And so, I hit the ground running. It took two days and there are still some more things that I could clean...but that will be for another day!

I was so excited to get going that I didn't get any good "before" photos but I did get this one near the end of day 1.


Isn't the change amazing?! It almost looks like a new fence.



And then, I got a lovely surprise...daughter #1 called and said I needed to be by my front door and have my ID. OK, I'm game. Wasn't sure what was up but, with Mother's Day being tomorrow, I figured flowers would be arriving-I wasn't sure about the ID part but thought maybe with the virus and such, things were different??!

In any case, in a few minutes a car pulls up and out comes a young lady with two huge Publix bags and a bouquet of flowers. It took me a minute until I peeked into those bags and saw that she has sent me all of my favorite indulgence foods - which I have not had in over three months - and two bottles of wine - hence the ID! Duh.


Who would have ever thought that we would go from Mothers' Day gifts of jewelry, clothes, perfumes, etc. to one of every day grocery items and be so excited to almost be giddy? These are items I haven't put on my grocery list as daughter #3 is doing my shopping for me and it seemed selfish to ask for anything other than essentials. I guess I didn't realize how essential comfort foods really are. And, to top it off, there is a gift from daughter #2 on the bar waiting to be opened and an invitation to daughter #3's tomorrow for a fun day with the gang. I am one lucky lady! Hope everyone has a lovely Mother's Day. Stay safe and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment