decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, May 12, 2017

What Happened to This Year's April Showers?

I'm not the world's biggest fan of rain now that my eyes are giving me so many issues. I have trouble driving in rain so a rainy day usually means a day at home-which isn't a bad thing except that we have so many appointments these days that I usually have to get up and out at least once a day! But, our complete LACK of rain this year has me doing a rain dance, pleading to the rain gods or anything else that I think might work. We need rain!

That being said, for some reason I have managed to keep most of our flowers blooming without exceeding our water restrictions. The yard is full of color but, with the increasing temperatures, if we don't get some relief soon, I think the beautiful bloom's days may be numbered. Maybe that is why we are trying to spend as much time out in the yard as we can.



























I love getting out here early in the morning before the heat gets to things. I've been cutting a lot of pretty bouquets and enjoying my coffee with the birds and squirrels. I noticed this week that the "much trimmed" crepe myrtles are coming back as is the climbing rose that I cut all the way back to the ground so we could paint the trellis. It is almost back up to the top and has had several blooms already and lots of buds getting ready to burst. And, the hydrangea has already had a few blooms as well...I am a happy-if parched-camper!

We have a fun weekend in store. My brother and sister-in-law are due down tomorrow and made the mistake of telling me to come up with a project...well. I have one I've been wanting to do for a really long time but it needs a few more hands as it involves long lengths of wood. And, it originally involved lots of miter cuts. Even with a miter saw, those cuts can get the best of me! But, thanks to Pinterest, I have found a "reasonable facsimile" so we are going to try it. I will share soon-success or failure-you will be the first to know. And then Mother's Day holds some fun times as well. I'm sure there will be pictures to share. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment