decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, November 26, 2012

Oy Vey!!!!

More on that later in the post. For now, let's just catch the last of the Thanksgiving decor in the kitchen, sun room and dining room. Look fast, because it will be coming down soon!

















O.K. So that is all pretty self explanatory. Where I have been, not so much. I think I have mentioned more than once that I am not very computer savvy. When I was getting ready to post last week, I had a message that I had reached the limit for my free picture memory and would now have to sign up to keep posting. I had no problem with that but, since my husband's business runs through the same system, I always want to check things with our "computer guy" before I go forward. We had a full blown crash once and don't want to ever go through that again. In any case, he just left and gave me his blessings so I am up and running again.

And now to the title of this post.....

My youngest daughter called the other night to tell me they had just gotten 2 of the most beautiful Christmas trees at Lowes and she said they had some of the biggest trees she had seen. So, bright and early on Friday morning, hubby and I head out. We only have 8' ceilings but we always buy a 9-10' tree because we like trees with lots of girth.

Boy did we pick a winner this year! Never mind the fact that 3 guys could barely carry it and there was no way it was going through their baling machine. I had them take 18" off of the bottom and we still had to cut a bit more. "We" meaning my son-in-law as my husband and I were lucky we even got it out of the car and into a bucket of water. Elton came over and with the help of a chain saw, lawn cart and the bed of his truck, we managed to get it in the house and upright in the stand. This tree is so big around that it is pushing up the walls on both sides of the only place it will fit. I love it but we probably went a bit beyond more is more!!!



Here is what the tree looks like leaning into the corner of the garage and here are the 2 buckets of greenery they cut off of the bottom at Lowes. I now have 2 more buckets full from what we had to trim here at the house.

And here is what my kitchen counter currently looks like. I wasn't going to start decorating until tomorrow but since I was homebound with a sick grandson today, I thought I would at least get the lights on. Now mind you, I only put away the lights that were working on the tree last year. I am so careful and roll them up and tie them off just so. And still, every year half of them DO NOT LIGHT! What is that all about? This year, I have to throw away 7 sets-and I think some of them are sets we just bought last year...and we only buy name brand lights so there is no excuse. But, I would so much rather just buy new ones than sit there and wiggle and twist to get them back on only to have them go out again once the tree is loaded with ornaments as well.. I must remember-this is the season of peace and joy. All of the words that were on the tip of my tongue must be put aside.

Tomorrow the heavy duty decorating starts. I will be back when there is more to show you. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment