decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Love is in the Air


What a weekend we have in store! Our youngest daughter and her husband are off to a wedding in Pennsylvania - barring another snow storm - and their children will be staying with us. As soon as I entered these dates on the calendar and realized it would be the weekend before Valentine's Day, I knew we would be diving into the holiday head first!


I have so many things planned, starting with the mailboxes everyone was talking about in the Dollar Section of Target. I am going to let them decorate to their heart's content and then we will use them to get little treats all weekend long. Stocked up on lots of pre-sticky decorations so the kids can pretty much really do these any way they want without Nana's input. Should be fun.

Then, we're going to try to make the conversations hearts that have been floating around the internet. I think the kids will enjoy both making the candies and then decorating them. I will say that they may turn out to rival Godiva in cost per pound as you want several different flavors and the pure extracts are not inexpensive. I did use a coupon for the food safe markers...every little bit helps as they say.

We are also going to make Mommy and Daddy and Papa a present. I saw these handprint hearts the other day and since we have 3 sets of prints, this is a good way to squeeze them all into one picture. Plus, everyone knows how much I love crafts with handprints. Especially since my oldest 4 grandchildren are already so big we can't do handprint crafts with them any more...time goes too quickly!

I also downloaded some candy bar wrappers to make some more gifts...so easy. Just buy a candy bar of choice and wrap with Valentine wrapper. If time permits, I will let the kids embellish the wrappers.

We are also going to do lots of pink, red and heart shaped food, play lots of games and just enjoy our time together. I know I will be exhausted next week as these 3 have lots of energy at almost 6, 3 and 1 1/2 but I have the rest of my life to catch up and opportunities like this don't come along every day. I will be picking them up on Thursday afternoon and then taking them back to Lakeland on Sunday evening so I will be missing in action for awhile but I will be taking lots of pictures and will have lots to share when I come back. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Beat you to the mailboxes! My girls made them for the cousins last year!! They are a cute decoration and fun to put notes in through the year.

    ReplyDelete