decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Tweaking to Come






Now I know why I drag my feet when it comes to taking down my 4th of July decorations. I really don't have a clue what to do with the rest of July and all of August when it comes to decorating. One would think that I could just "decorate", but my house is so often "themed" that I am clueless without one! I said I was going to stay with reds, oranges and yellows as they were hot colors to me and then throw in my sunflowers, but my house is reading mish-mash. I also threw in some citrus as that fits in the color scheme. Then, not wanting to have to go out and buy more STUFF, I added back in my Italian based things as they too fit the color profile. I now have a cohesive color scheme running throughout but even me asking "what is this supposed to represent?" I know I said I wouldn't go buy more things, but since I have an ophtalmologist's appointment tomorrow morning and since she just happens to have her office right near so many of my favorite stores, I feel at least the purchase of more sunflowers and perhaps some sunflower colored knick- knacks coming on. I do have lots of things in those colors but they read autumn to me and if I put them out now, I will be totally bored in a month and then be out shopping for more autumn stuff-which, if you have ever seen my house, you know is totally overboard. Did I mention that I LOVE AUTUMN! I definitely have some tweaking to do on these decorations, but it will come to me little by little as I live with everything the way it is for a day or two. Do you decorate like this as well? For me, it is a never ending project-especially as I get new motivation from all of my blog friends. As I have mentioned in the past, I rarely have an original idea but I am a master at copying and tweaking to my own likes or needs. Which reminds me-I have several frames just crying for seasonal shots. Guess I'm heading on-line to see if I can download a citrus/sunflower image or two. I'll be back as new inspiration hits.

1 comment: