decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Party spoiler alert


If you haven't received your invitation yet, you may want to "look away". As I mentioned yesterday, we have been busy at work planning Presley's first birthday party with the theme "Sweet P's Sweet Shoppe". The original plan was to have everything in shades of pink and white but as we moved along, a new color scheme emerged. We are now using raspberry pink, apple green and turquoise. I think that scheme kind of emerged from one of the fabrics we are using for table runners, pillows, etc. It really is pretty and will work well in an outdoor event - providing Mother Nature co-operates and here in central Florida in the summer, one can never be too sure!
So far, we have borrowed ideas from lots of different blogs, tweaking them as we went along to meet our specifications. The blog world is an infinite well of ideas and as I've mentioned before, I'm not much on original ideas of my own, but I sure can borrow to get me off on a tangent! I'm not sure either of us knew where we would end up when we started, but the journey was fun. We have now finished up invitations, banners, cupcake and straw decorations, jar labels and pinwheel decorations. We still have the sewing aspects-table runners, backdrops, pillows, etc. to do. Then we want to make the birthday girl a special hat and tutu for the big day. Considering what I have seen floating around blogland recently, I know there will be no lack of ideas to "borrow".
Childrens' parties are always so much fun. One idea always leads to another but we are trying to do this one on a budget - we'll see how that works out. We are having fun making everything ourselves. That is helping with the budget but mostly insures that we are getting a one-of-a-kind party and that is only right for a one-of-a-kind little girl!! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I received mine yesterday. We were in Lakeland for the day so Jennie showed me all you made. Looks really good!

    ReplyDelete