decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Whew!!!

Wow! It has taken four FULL days, but the last of the Christmas decor is finally down...except all of the icicle lights that outline the house. My daughter and youngest grandson are bringing over lunch and then going to help me get the lights down and put away today. As I take down, I put out the new decor so, Valentine's Day 2022 is ready to go. I have a few craft projects I want to try and haven't been to the stores recently to see what is out, so we all know that this is subject to change at any time but, I thought I would go ahead and start the tour. Welcome Valentine's Day!

If you are a regular, you probably remember that having poinsettias out after Christmas drives me a little crazy but, since they are red, I can cope until I can get to the garden shop and find something else that will work.


Welcome!



This is the first time I have used this arrangement for Valentine's Day in a very long time. Many years ago I stuck some sunflowers into the mix and I have used it more with my autumnal decor. In fact, I had something else here but just happened to see this when I was putting something away and realized what a romantic feel the flowers had so, I switched things up a bit...and I love it here.









This sequined heart has to have been one of the easiest things my grand children and I have ever done yet it provides so much bang for its buck. We truly just painted a canvas with black chalkboard paint, traced a heart and started squeezing Tacky glue into the outline and laying in the sequins. If I remember correctly, we used 3 different sizes of sequins. It was a bit tedious and we would do a bit at a time and then move on to something else before coming back and doing more but, even the youngest kids could do this...really no messing it up. If they doubled up on their sequins, when the glue was dry, the extra sequins fell off and no one was any the wiser! Lol


It was pretty overcast when I took pictures today but I wanted to get it done. Of course, about ten minutes after I had finished editing all of the pictures, the sun came out but, I didn't have it in me to start it all over. The lighting is horrible. Sorry. Lol

As I said, I have a few craft ideas that I am hoping to get to tomorrow. But, I also want to repaint all of my back doors, do some weeding and pruning, possibly get a little pressure cleaning done and oh so much more...so, we will just have to see how the mood strikes. You'll be the first to know. Until then, stay safe and stay tuned.








No comments:

Post a Comment