decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, January 30, 2022

Busy Week!

 I always love it when I'm checking my calendar for the next week and  it looks pretty empty but by the time it rolls around, it is so much fuller. That was last week for me. I think I told you my friend was here for a day and we cooked and gabbed the entire day away. 

Then, grand daughter #5 was having a Color Run at her school to raise money for their PE Dept. Last year, no one was allowed to attend because of Covid but, this year, rules were relaxed a bit. My daughter and I started the day having lunch at our favorite downtown place and then were on to Blessed Trinity.

 

 I have never actually been at a Color Run so I wasn't sure what to expect but I did know it was super "colorful" because I saw Presley last year after her first one.

The kids have an absolute blast...as do the observers! I'm so happy I could go this year. Afterwards, I went back to Jen's for the evening and got to catch up on everyone's news.





 Then on Saturday, we were off on another adventure-our traditional trip to Sorrento to pick strawberries. The weather was a bit cooler than usual but the sun was out, there wasn't a cloud in the sky, the fields were bursting with berries and, they are sweeter than they have been in many seasons! We always have a good time here. Presley brings her BFF and we have our routine that the girls insist on. First we pick then they play on the playgrounds.



After they're worn out, we head in to Eustis and eat at our favorite Mexican restaurant. Usually we eat outside by the fountain but this year it was shaded and just a bit too chilly by late afternoon.








After lunch, there is ALWAYS ice-cream...no matter the temperature. As we were walking, we spied this cute shop. It has literally been in Eustis for 34 years-although it has been in several other locations-and, we have never seen it. I can't quite imagine why but, suffice it to say, it's a good thing none of the boys were with us because we went in there, met the owner and ended up being there over an hour shopping and gabbing...and, having little cocktails, appetizers and dessert...which they pass around to everyone in the shop. I'm just saying...not a bad way to shop! Lol And, the girls loved it as much as Jen and I-especially after they coaxed the cat out of the window so they could pet her!


We got home later than usual but we didn't care...another fun day was in the records...and our memories! It is really funny because Jen and I were asking the girls if they wouldn't rather find another restaurant in Eustis this year or maybe head into Mt. Dora but, no, they LOVE the tradition of our trips. We sat at lunch and listened to them share remembrances of past trips and it made my heart happy to hear how much they remember and how much it all means to them. And I thought it was just "Old Nana" who loved tradition so much!

So, that is it for today. My brother and sister-in-law are coming on Tuesday and I owe my sister-in-law a birthday celebration so I will be off to the store tomorrow to shop for groceries. I have found a new recipe that I want to try for her and then I'm making an "old" favorite cake recipe using some of my delicious picked strawberries! I love being able to decorate a nice table and make some good food-I hope. Not sure why I want to try a new recipe on others before I've tried it on myself but, it is from Ree Drummond so the odds are that it will be good. Stay safe and stay tuned.





No comments:

Post a Comment