decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, January 9, 2022

Kitchen's Next

I have been out back re-painting my three backyard doors this morning and what was supposed to be a "simple" job - at least in my mind - has turned into a bit of a bigger project than I had anticipated so, I am giving myself a break and thought I would show you the kitchen. I don't think there is a lot of change but let's go.

If you look carefully on the shelf, you will see how I started my decor with the heart leaning on the pizza board. That is where I now have the "flower truck sign" that I made...and the heart found a new home in the sunroom.


This old handmade carpenter's box stays here all year and holds seasonal items for easy grabbing. This time it has coasters, straws, pot holders, a trivet and extra napkin decoupaged napkin plates.

I had gotten so used to having a Christmas wreath hanging off of the cutting board handle that it looked empty when Christmas came down. I decided I needed something new so I just shaped a heart out of wire and then covered it with card stock hearts and embellished. It gives this plain area of the counter a bit of a holiday pick-me-up.

I love the Mason jar vase that I made a few years ago.

I also still love the picture holders that my grand children and I made many years ago. I think I have at least one of the little flower pot holders made by each set of grands. I am going to try to remember the wood cube holder. I think we only made those for Valentine's Day one year and I realized when I was looking at this picture that it would be cute for any other holiday as well. I cut the cubes and then the kids sanded, painted and embellished them. There is a vintage Valentine image on each of the sides. Then, they got to use my Dremel - which they LOVE doing - and drilled a tiny hole in the top for a piece of wire that we twisted to hold a picture. I am going to grab some wood the next time I am at Lowes and cut some cubes so I will be ready the next time I need a quick craft idea.







So that is the kitchen for this year. I am off to try to get the doors done but I will be back with more soon. Stay safe and stay tuned.





No comments:

Post a Comment