decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, January 14, 2022

Not As Planned

I haven't crafted in awhile and I was beginning to really miss it so, when I had to run out for some other things, I made a quick stop at HL and picked up a few things.


I had seen a blogger who I do not usually follow make a pallet sign the other day and I liked its distressed look. I didn't have many of the supplies and, quite frankly, I would have had to go to Lowes to get most of them so I decided to see if I couldn't just wing it. I found a pre-made...and pre -distressed...pallet in HL and, since it was on sale, I grabbed it. I also found some beautiful paper because, even with all of the paper that I have, I didn't have what I wanted. Lol

I cut out a heart and ModPodged it onto the wood. Then, I improvised with some caulk that I had a gave the heart an outline. Before it dried, I sprinkled it with glitter.


By the time I got to this point, I realized that the heart was not going to be anywhere near the distressed heart I had envisioned but there was no turning back now. I forged ahead and added a "messy" bow made from some Valentine ribbons and embellished it with a foil heart. There was still too much blank space, so I grabbed one of my keys and glued it into the middle. Then, it came time to decide where its new home would be. As is often the case around here, something else might have to move to make room. This chunk of wood is thick and my initial intent was to use it as a shelf sitter. But, as luck would have it, the way the pallet is put together makes the bottom uneven and the sign falls forward when sitting. I think I can figure out a way to even it off but, until I do, it is hanging in the family room. It is really not at all what I was planning but, it kept me busy today and I am OK with it...for now. Lol



I also picked up a cute little Valentine cutting board.


I gave it a little tweak and then nestled it into the box on the kitchen counter.


And, as long as I was out, I treated myself to some more tulips. They are truly my favorite this time of year and I found both pink and red this week. Aren't they beautiful?



I've had a busy week so I think I am off to light a fire and grab my book and a glass of wine. I'm not sure what I'll be up to this weekend but, if it is photo worthy, you'll be the first to know. Stay safe and stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment