decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Thankful for a Fireplace!

 Today we're moving into my favorite room...at least it has been for the last few days. Winter has finally hit central Florida and, although our temps are nowhere near as low as they are in most of the rest of the country, they are low enough to get my attention! As my mom used to say, "we southerners have thin blood". Lol I feel the chill and, even though I would rather be cold than sweltering, I still look for ways to be a bit more comfortable without cranking the heat way up. More about that later.

For now, let's head into the family room.





Not much has changed on the mantle.

I added the word "love" to the pallet sign last year and I like it so much better.

I still love my stiffened crochet heart banner that I put together from the hearts that my mom made for me many years ago...although, it does look like they could use a bit of glitter refreshing around the edges. Lol






 




I love this room all times of the day but, at this time of the year, I really love it when it is time to sit down, put my feet up and relax...and keep warm. I love the fire so much and it is an addition to our house that I am as happy with today as the day my husband and his friend finished building it...and this room for us!



So that is the family room for this year. I've got some more craft projects going so I am off to work on them. When they're done, I'll be back to share. Stay safe and stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment