decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, February 19, 2024

The Wearin' of the Green

 I'm back after a busy number of days. Daughter #2 was here on Friday and even though we were doing a bit of a belated birthday celebration for her, she came bearing gifts for me. She stopped at the Fresh Market in Gainesville and brought me all of my favorite foods (we don't have one here in Ocala) and then went to The Upper Crust-an incredible bakery in the same plaza-and brought me pastries in my favorite flavors...and the of course, spring flowers. And just in time too as my other ones were beginning to droop a bit. The pussy willows from my brother and sister-in-law are still fine-as a matter of fact, when I am done with spring flowers I will dry them and you will see them many more times-so another beautiful bouquet is on my bar where I see it often and I have even been known to carry it with me when I'm going to be in another room for awhile. Spring flowers just make me so happy.


And then I started to take down Valentine's Day and put up St. Patrick's Day. We had a rainy weekend so it worked out perfectly. This is more of a swap out than I remembered because everything red is OUT and in comes all of the GREEN...including all of the candles. But, I got it done (except for packing up all of the Valentine stuff) so I thought we could at least start our tour.

Lucky for me the clover plants grow wild around here-even in places where I don't plant them. I used to dig them up from the gardens for the holiday but this year they filled almost every urn that I have-all on their own. Some of them bloom with white flowers and others have a violet colored blooms. They are so delicate and pretty.

This is where the new image on the dictionary page landed.





I still love the leprechaun hats that my grand daughters and I made many years ago to give to the family as gifts.

And this is where the faux tile shamrock ended up.






So that is the porch and living room for this year. Not really much change-just a few new crafts added to the mix.

And, I got the picture from grand daughter #5's first lacrosse game. It was cold and we were all bundled up-don't know how those girls could stand it in short sleeves and shorts-guess all of the running around helps! It is an interesting story about how she got to play this year. When she was in middle school, she played on a co-ed team and wanted to play in high school but her high school doesn't have a girls' program. She goes to a private school and our county has a plan where children who go to private schools and their schools don't offer a sport that they are interested in can play at a public school that does. As it turns out, this is the school she would attend if she were to go to public school so she knows lots of the kids and is so happy that she is getting this opportunity!

This is definitely lacrosse season for this gang. My oldest grandson just started his college season on Saturday-and actually got in for a few plays which was a surprise to us because he is just a freshman. Always fun to be watching the games on TV and see him on the screen! And then my son-in-law is coaching the high school boys' lacrosse team where grandson #2 is a player but out for the season because of an injury and surgery. That has been hard for him but hopefully he'll be back to full steam soon.

So, that is it for around here. Thinking I will begin to tackle some of the leaves later this week but I'll be back as soon as I can. Stay safe and stay tuned.











No comments:

Post a Comment