decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, February 23, 2024

Catch a Lucky Charm

 We're having another bit of a rainy day so I'm staying inside catching up on a few things before I sit back and just enjoy Fri-yay! Let's head into the kitchen and see what luck we can find.



I love the carpenter's box all full of St. Pat's goodies and I'm glad I brought the little Irish cottages back out this year. I still don't have a spot to display the beautiful Irish themed bone china that my dad gave to my mom many years ago. The last time I had them out, I was dusting and couldn't see all of the shelf that they were on. I lifted something and the saucer that was under it fell to the ground and broke in enough pieces that all of my jerry-rigging talents couldn't begin to help. I was so sad to think that my mom had kept them safe oh so many years and then I had to be the one to break a piece. I immediately got online to see if I could find the same pattern anywhere but I wasn't able to. I'm thinking it's been long enough that maybe I will have to try that again.

The little shamrock cutting board is so cute-wish I could find a larger one somewhere. And this is where the $Tree Mason jar makeover found a home. I thought it was appropriate for it to land in the kitchen.




I laugh every time I bring out that picture of my grandson in that hat. He was supposed to be an Irish "gent" for his school's "Around the World" parade. And, he looked absolutely perfect when that silly green hair was tucked up into the hat-the only one close to what we needed that we could find. But, a friend of his spied some hair kind of sticking out a little and this is what we got. Let me just say that this was an event that parents and grand parents were not invited to or we would have caught this before they marched. Everyone thought he was supposed to be a leprechaun-which I guess is fine but that was not our goal. Lol


This is where the new little shelf sitter ended up-on a shelf. Lol



So that is the kitchen for this year.

I've had a fun and busy weekend this week topped off by our trip to Gainesville for grand daughter #5's first official lacrosse game. Since it was in Gainesville, lots of the family was able to attend and we had quite the cheering section-especially after Presley scored the first goal. Her dad, who is a coach on the H.S. boys' lacrosse team had to leave early as they had a game across town at another school. And, it was so sweet of her older brother, who is in college in CT, made a face-time call to congratulate her right after he heard about the goal and the win!

I think she has found her passion. She has tried many other things but none of them struck the spark in her like this has. Maybe it's because she has all of the equipment in their backyard and she has been playing for years with her brothers. I'm not sure, but I am so proud of her. She is a bit like me and doesn't always thrive on competition so just the fact that she is out there makes me so proud of her...and, I must say, she is scrappy-as some of these action pictures taken by my sister-in-law will show. That girl had the ball a lot and when she didn't, she was doing everything in her power to get it! Lol










Hope to be back soon but I have a list a mile long for the weekend and then on Monday we are going to the Livestock Show where grandson #2 will be appearing with the steer he has been raising. He won't be able to actually do the showing as he still hasn't been fully cleared after his surgery but he has found a friend who knows lots about cattle and he will be able to show the steer for him. This is a new one for me. I don't know a lot about FFA and what all it entails but he seems to be enjoying it so we will see what there is to see. If I get any photos, I will be sure to share. Stay safe and stay tuned.







No comments:

Post a Comment