decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, January 29, 2024

On We Go

 We are almost done with this year's Valentine's Day tour...and it's still January. Lol I thought I had learned not to wish my life away but I guess not...I can't stop thinking about my next decor-St. Pat's-and then I can't stop thinking about how fast I will have to hustle to get that down and put up Easter. I think they're only about two weeks apart this year...but, I digress. While I am still living in a sea of red, let's head into the family room.

I am amazed at how many decor themes I have used this black vase in. I think I found it in HL and I'm pretty sure I bought it with Halloween in mind but I just seem to keep finding new ways to use it. Best part is that I am pretty sure I would not have bought it until it was 50% off so, win, win!



I still love my heart garland that I made out of hearts that my mom crocheted for me. I'm pretty sure I have told the story before but many, many years ago I saw a hutch in Country Living magazine that was decorated with hanging white crocheted hearts and they offered the pattern for the hearts along with the picture. Crocheting is one craft that I never really learned. My mom did teach me just enough to make some little gifts for my Brownies and my Sunday school classes but it just wasn't a favorite of mine so I was never interest in learning more. 

In any case, I asked my mom if she could make them for me and she made me a whole set. And, I used those hearts for many years on my hutch in my dining room...until my taste changed and I didn't want that country hutch any longer. The hearts got put away for awhile and when I found a new way to use them-since I no longer had a hutch to hang them individually from-I was excited. And then I decided that they needed glitter-lots and lots of glitter-and that is how we ended up here.



 

This is still one of my all-time favorites-a dozen long stemmed "poses"! My grand children and I made them years ago as Valentine gifts for the family. Every time I post this on a craft blog, it gets so many "likes". It sits on the table next to my TV watching chair so I get to look at these sweet faces every day...and wonder where the years have gone.


I have to smile as I see this picture because it is not taken from the same angle that I usually get this shot...and that is because my Christmas tree was still up and I was practically standing in it when I took this picture. I didn't want the tree in the shot.

Although I did come back later and take this to send to my family. Lol


And, as so often happens in my world, this is what is now going on in the family room.


As so often happens when I am posting a blog, I look at things with "new eyes" and notice things that need to be done. I think I have noticed that the hearts were losing glitter along their edges for a year or two-without addressing the issue-and so, this is the year. I can only do a few at a time because of the way they are threaded-and, the backs need to be done as well, so this will take longer than originally anticipated. But. it's another thing I can cross off of the to-do list as soon as I remember to write it on said list. Lol

It's definitely chilly outside so I think I might try to do a bit of weeding and edging before calling it a day and maybe getting another fire going. Stay safe and stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment