decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, January 15, 2024

I'm Seeing "Red"

I am back after a fun few days...but, I must admit, the Christmas tree is still with me. I thought I would take it down yesterday but the weather is just so dreary that I have decided that I am leaving it up until things brighten up a bit around here! Lol

In any case, we had a wonderful family visit for my sister-in-law's birthday and, once again, the Giada DeLaurentis recipe for chicken tetrazzini did not disappoint. I think I have posted that it is a bit of a bear to make because it just has SO many steps but it is so worth every one of them! And then, since most of us really aren't dessert people, I don't have a favorite go-to but as I was looking for ideas I found my very old recipe for a Texas sheet cake. It isn't the prettiest cake as it is made and, unless you cut it up into pieces ahead of time, served in the jelly roll pan in which it is baked. Cutting it up is the way to go if you know most of it would get eaten right then but, as I mentioned, a lot of us are not dessert people, so it was better not to cut it up and try to keep it from getting dry. In any case, with a scoop of either vanilla or mint chip ice-cream on top, it is delicious and I remember why we used to like it so much.

We had a pretty late night on Friday just enjoying visiting and getting caught up again and then my brother and sister-in-law helped me get a lot of things off of my to-do list that I can't do by myself. This time, most of them didn't involve brawn-they were the "brain" things that I am just not all that good with-most involving technology and wires and wiring, etc. I'm always afraid to move something even if I don't think it is being used any more...just my luck I wipe out everything plugged in in my house! Lol

That leaves me starting a new week with not a lot hanging over my head so I thought I would take you into the next room-which is the kitchen. Come on in.



I made this simple basket many years ago but I still love the way it looks just propped up by the cutting boards.


I still use both the wine glass and the coffee mugs that the grand children made a number of years ago.



 


No matter how hard I try, I just can't get a good picture of the baker's rack but the top shelf is different this year and I'm pretty sure you can see how. The board with the vintage Valentines used to be in the LR but, for whatever reason, I just didn't like that any more. And, as often happens, I walked all around the house looking for a new home for it and I just couldn't find one-but, I'm not quite ready to get rid of it just yet so this is where it landed. I definitely think it competes with the "Be Mine" sign I did a few years ago but it is what it is...at least for now.




This jar started with flowers from my garden but then I switched to the tulips and the other jar after my trip to the store.

So, that is the kitchen for this year. I did finally get to the $Tree the other day and I picked up a few things for Valentines, St. Pat's and Easter so I think I will be crafting tomorrow. I don't actually have any ideas so we will see how that goes. Stay safe and stay tuned.









 




No comments:

Post a Comment