decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, January 27, 2024

Hippity Hop

 I'm feeling so much better today but still don't think I should be out and about sharing my cold so I decided to see if I couldn't pull off an Easter inspiration that I saw while scrolling somewhere without having to purchase one thing. I will say that my picture taking leaves much to be desired once I got to the painting stage because this is a project that requires much layering of paints to achieve the look-which is sort of "old, peeling wallpaper". Once I started, I was having so much fun that I never stopped.

I wish I had had a better floral paper but I found some with roses that kind of matched the rabbit image that I printed so I went with it. I also tried my hand at spreading paint with a paint spatula- although I don't own a paint spatula so I used a small butter knife and, except for the point on the end, it worked OK.

So here is where I started initially.


I had the large canvas that grand daughter #5 started but never finished, the decorative wood pieces that I removed from my kitchen valance before adding the wood and 3 small frames. My inspiration piece used an oval frame so I was leaning towards that but my frame is very HEAVY. And so I started the day rummaging through my wood pieces because I thought it needed something stronger to hold that frame than the canvas.

That was a no-go so then I decided to try to just add a piece of wood to the back of the frame for support. When I found this old Valentine sign I bought last year to make over and still haven't and it was the EXACT correct width, my old friend "chop saw" came out and in no time I had a backing that fit perfectly. I added some E6000 and was good to go!




 While that was drying I decided to take any extra weight off of the frame.


I wish that my paper had been 12X12 and I could have gotten some larger pieces but I used what I had. My paper is also card stock so it's thicker and doesn't tear as nicely. But, again, beggars can't be choosers. I played around with placement and then glued on the paper.

And that, I am sorry to say, is where I stopped taking pictures. I got so caught up in the layering of the paint, then some distress ink, more layering, etc. until I got to this point. Then I added the decorative wood and the bunny in the frame. I found three flowers that were the perfect size and color and two soft leaves. And this is where I am.

And, as I now look closely at it, I am thinking it might still need a bit more tweaking. I have got a huge mess everywhere because this is one of those projects that required lots of STUFF so, I am on my way to clean up and then I think I will call it a day. I'll let you know how it ends up. Lol Stay safe and stay tuned.





 




No comments:

Post a Comment