decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, April 27, 2023

On We Go

Today we'll move into the dining room. Same caveat as I seem to be issuing the entire way...LOTS of green with the occasional pop of purple. As much as I love spring outdoors, it's not my favorite to decorate for!






That little black urn is new. I spied it in Walmart the other day in the Better Homes and Gardens area. I actually like a lot of their stuff and, of course, the first thing that came to my mind was "Halloween"-isn't that would enter everyone's mind at the beginning of April? Lol In any case, it was inexpensive so I grabbed it and was going to put it away for later but, I never got any farther than here with it. I needed something, the black set off the other black around it and I had 3 left over hydrangeas that I didn't want to put away. LOL...and so, this was born. It will do for now but those flowers are really too white for this grouping!


And that is the dining room for this year. I feel as if it is completely uninspired and if I didn't have lots and lots of H.S. graduation decor to get up and running for my grandson's party, I might even think about totally re-doing this space-who knows...I still might but for now-stay safe and stay tuned.

I did do one quick little fix up-I added a small pick of greenery to the garden urn on the shelves...wish I had more but it will do for now. It gives it a bit more height and looks a little more finished...sigh...still not feeling it. We may see the red, white and blue a lot sooner than I thought! Lol

 I just realized that I didn't post this the other day so, since my life has a few more memories since I finished this, I thought I would just add them on. If you are here for decor and crafts, you might want to head out now because the rest of this is pure family...Nana pride.

Yesterday we started our day bright and early at Trinity Catholic H.S. which my two grandsons attend. It was spring signing day and Harrison officially signed his committal to play football and lacrosse at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy! It was a wonderful ceremony. He loves getting his hands on the mike so he once again gave a beautiful speech and thanked everyone who has had a hand in his first 18 years of life.


It was just heart warming to hear all of the cheers he received from the student body and his teammates! Then we were off to the cafeteria where we had set up a table with memorabilia and goodies. I wish I had gotten a picture of the table before the kids got to it. We had a HUGE cookie cake which was practically gone by the time there was room for me to get a picture-high school kids eat FAST and MUCH! Lol

We were able to get pictures with the family, the school president, the Coast Guard representative and the Athletic Director. I missed the one with his coaches.





I spent the rest of the day with daughter #2 going through years of photos to pull many for a graduation surprise we are working on for Har.

And, before I knew it it was time to head back to school for the back-to-back award ceremonies for the boys. Under classmen were first and Hud (who is a freshman) received the distinguished student in math award and then the honors social studies award.

When the first ceremony was over, we were on to the seniors where Harrison officially received his full scholarship to the Academy-a scholarship valued in excess of $200,00!

Then he also received his meritorious cord, Honor Society drape, volunteer service hours award and the Scholar/Athlete Award. What a night it was!

I spent pretty much all of today out and about trying to find some light weight outfits that I can wear to all of the upcoming festivities without melting on the spot. Tomorrow we have the lacrosse banquet and the I'm guessing I will be using the weekend to recoup. Lol Stay safe and stay tuned.





No comments:

Post a Comment