decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, March 7, 2023

The Wearin' of the Green

 I'm waiting for the lawn guys to empty my cans of leaves so I can go fill them back up. Since I have a few minutes, let's head into the family room.



This is where the new little leprechaun hats and coins ended up.


I replaced the shamrock lights with the felt banner last year and I think I still like it. And, of course, some more of my Bells of Ireland!

Here is the new decoupaged canvas and another Target $ Spot garland used as a candle ring. I think the "garlands" are $5 compared to about $15 or more for a true candle ring. I just bought another very pretty one with purple and pink flowers that I will use for Easter and spring.

I used the dogwood garland here. In this case, the white of the garland helped brighten this very dark shelf area. I was actually talking to my two designer daughters this past weekend about possibly applying some removable wallpaper to the back of the shelves to try to lighten up the area. These shelves are incredibly deep-kind of cavernous-and they are hard to decorate because things get lost in the darkness.


I ended up hanging the collage board on my old red cupboard. I love this old red cupboard. It is from one of my favorite antique shops in High Springs and there is quite the story to go with it-some day I will tell you all about it but, suffice it to say, this cupboard will never leave me. It is so beat up and ragged and yet I love it so much! It used to house all of the VCR tapes and then they got sized down to CDs and now, since almost everything can be streamed and I am no longer adding as many CDs, I have begun to use it for additional candle storage. I like to store my candles by color and, in the old days, candles could be stacked so I didn't require quite as much room as I do now with almost all of my candles being flameless and having the little flickering flame so that they have to be just a single layer high. I literally have candles in so many places that I'm tempted to put the CDs somewhere else and just see how many colors this cupboard would accommodate....maybe some day.

And here is where the newest photo holder ended up. I actually like it a bit more now that it has found a home. I think I am just going to bring out all of the photo holders we have made over all of the years and also all of the supplies and let the girls do what they want. I have so many clover plants growing all over my yard that could also just paint a pot as they desire and then fill it with a pretty blooming plant. I'll be sure to show you what they create.


So that is it for today. The rest of the week looks like it will be pretty full so I might not be back until after "Nana weekend" and then you know I will have LOTS to share! Stay safe and stay tuned.





No comments:

Post a Comment