decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, March 15, 2023

No Blarney

 My grand dog and I just got in from an early morning leaf rake-up session. We were supposed to do it yesterday but, we had rain most of the day yesterday and wet leaves are HEAVY! The lawn pick-up guys will be here soon and I had 3 more cans to get done...and, since it is about 50 degrees out there, I decided to get it done! And now I wait for them to come so the cans will be empty and I can fill them right back up. Most of what I am down to is the stuff my daughter raked off of the flat roof over the sunroom and garage. They would have been done on my birthday weekend except that the rains came and it was a lovely excuse to "call it". I really don't mind raking the leaves and, if I would just go buy some of the large, paper leaf sacks at Lowes, I could be done but, for whatever reason, I persist with the cans. They are easier for me to lug out to the street and, honestly, I never think about buying the bags when I'm in Lowes. And, since it is so beautiful out there, Hazel and I got all of the pool decking and patio blown off yet again. The pool guy is due any minute and I'm hoping that maybe with less to blow into the pool that it might stay clean just a few minutes longer than usual. Of course, there is still stuff falling from the trees so that might be a false hope.

I feel bad complaining about all of the leaves and squiggles in the pool. The truth is that when we put the pool in about 34 years ago now, we took out every large oak on that side of our yard that could conceivably drop anything into the pool. But, the main culprit...and a few minor ones...are not on my property. I have a love/hate relationship with the largest one. It is on the property of my neighbor to one side. They had the tree trimmed not too long ago but the HUGE branches that now hang over my property were only trimmed out not OFF!. I know I have the right to have any that hang over my property removed but, as I said, they are HUGE-literally branches the size of trees-so it would be a super costly project. And, it would probably make the tree look a bit funny. AND, truth be told, in the HEAT of the summer, it is the ONLY shade my pool, decking and patio get and I do enjoy being out there the most when there is some relief from the sun. And so, every year I kind of weigh the options. This is the time of year that I am ready to spend any amount of money to take it down but, if I can just last and keep up all of the work, I will be smiling soon. Oh wait, I forgot that we still have the little berry things that still haven't dropped and will stain the deck and pool!! Spring, spring, beautiful spring. Lol

In any case, I am here now and thinking I will finish up the tour so that I can really start getting my ducks in a row for my Easter decor. Time goes so quickly in my world of constant holiday/season swap outs!

If I'm not wrong, I think all we have left are the bathrooms.


I still love the shamrock soaps that Presley and I made years ago now...guess everyone who uses the guest bath is afraid to use the pretty soaps. In their defense, I do have out a pretty bottle of Mint/Eucalyptus soap that is much easier to use.


 

And, as expected, just a little nod to the day in my bathroom.



I think that officially ends our St. Pat's tour 2023. As I have said, my Easter decor is not my favorite. I will be starting the swap on Friday but I might not be back with a peek until I have figured out how to change things up. I think I have too many Easter color schemes going and I am going to see if I can't co-ordinate the whole house without having to buy a lot of new things. We shall see. Stay safe and stay tuned.

I'm baacckkk. Just realized that I never posted this...and, in the mean time, I realized that St. Patrick's Day isn't Thursday but Friday...and so, the swap wouldn't start until Saturday...except that I heard from grand daughter #3 last night and she wants to come by for a little visit on Saturday and so...swap will now start on Sunday...unless something else more fun comes down the pike. Lol Like I always say, life gets in the way...and I LOVE it.

I figured while I am here I would show you a quick re-do-I mean a REALLY quick re-do. I was out in the garage looking for something and happened upon this.


 This was a gift a number of years ago and, quite honestly, I never found the perfect way to display it. I tried different things each year but was always kind of under-whelmed. I haven't used it for awhile and that may be because it had fallen down the side of my floor-to-ceiling shelves in the garage and was very much out of sight-and as follows I guess, out of mind.

Until today. I think the part that made this hard to use were the wheels and, for whatever reason, I never thought of removing them until now.

Once I removed the wheels and pried off the little wood tabs they had used, I was good to go. Honestly, the box was pretty distressed as it was but I decided to add a little antique wax to help it along. Since it seems that the carrots have overtaken my Easter decor in the family room, I'm guessing that is where the box will end up. And, maybe I can corral some of the carrots I had scattered around the room and perhaps, just perhaps, I will like it all a little better. We shall see.






No comments:

Post a Comment