decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, November 11, 2022

Spoke a Little Too Soon!

I guess I was a little too optimistic when it came to our visit from Nicole! When last I posted, I thought the worst was behind us but I was wrong. Even though we were out of the cone by that time, this was such a large storm in size that we kind of got walloped in the afternoon. The winds picked up and the rain was literally coming down sideways. And, I lost power not once, but twice that day. Luckily, it was only off a few hours each time so, except for having to rest clocks and computers, I was good.

Today we are dry but boy is it humid out there. I headed out to pick up debris and, it was a bit more than I anticipated but, again, in comparison to what others are going through after this storm, I am not complaining. And, I'm thinking I won't have to deal with another acorn this whole season because EVERY acorn in EVERY tree has to have come down on my driveway. Lol

In any case, each time I check my phone, more things are coming in that are filling up my calendar and taking me away from posting so...let's go ahead and catch another room in our 2022 Thanksgiving decor tour. On to the dining room.

I made this box a number of years ago out of old wood I had laying around. I made it a bit too deep so it is sometimes hard to decorate and fill but the velvet pumpkins that I made seem to work pretty well in there. And I think the autumn colored eucalyptus helps soften the edges.

I embroidered this sampler a long time ago. I was actually thrilled to find that I had not gotten rid of it when I rediscovered it way up on a seldom used shelf a few years ago. I really thought it went the way of a lot of others things I had done that no longer went with my style...and it is perfect for Thanksgiving!



So that is the dining room for this year. It won't be seeing the Thanksgiving meal as we will be heading to daughter #3's house this year but, it might accommodate some family and friends along the way.

Off to tackle a bit more of the yard. I actually haven't even looked on the other side of my pool-hope there are no big surprises. And then I guess I'll go ahead and get the things I took down back into place. Seems like deja'vu as it wasn't too long ago that I was doing the same thing. Fingers crossed this will be the last time this year! Stay safe and stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment