decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Gobble, Gobble

Wow! It is definitely "that" time of year again. Just as I finished rejoicing at the taking down of all of the Halloween decor and the putting up of the Thanksgiving, I looked at the calendar and realized all of the things that are beginning to fill the pages as well as it being "re-up" time for insurances. I love this time of year and most all that it entails but, the last few days have been busy for me getting all sorts of "details" worked out for the year to come.

After I got my Thanksgiving done, I looked around and lamented the fact that I really hadn't added anything new this year. Most of my inspiration comes form the craft sites that I follow and, this year, it seems as if everyone has just skipped Thanksgiving and gone to Christmas...not only in their crafting but in their decorating. Now, I love Christmas as much as the next person, but I think I would get totally bored with it not to mention that it would probably get dusty if I had to be surrounded by it for two months. To each his own but I need my Thanksgiving fix.

That being said, I felt like the almighty turkey was missing from a lot of my decor so, I found an image I liked on Etsy, ordered it, downloaded and printed it and, because I wanted to get it done right away, decoupaged it onto a canvas. Pretty much the same as always....

1. Paint the edges of the canvas...this time I used Waverly antique wax.


 

2. "Paint" water around the edges of the print and feather off the excess.


3. ModPodge the print to the canvas. When the Mod Podge is dry, use the antique wax the blend the edges.


4. Find somewhere to display. I put it on the small shelf above the sink in the kitchen.


I like it there and I'm happy to honor the turkey a bit more for the holiday.

I am having a hard time believing that we are looking at another hurricane coming through the state of Florida this late in the year, but, apparently we are. I haven't been the best at keeping up with the latest news but my irrigation man ( who was just here checking everything out ) tells me it is coming right through our county. It shouldn't be too much more than a lot of rain and some heavy wind gusts so I am not moving EVERYTHING in the yard as I did for Ian but, I think I will head out and address the pool umbrellas and a few other things that hang in the yard and could be potential projectiles...happy autumn. lol Stay safe and stay tuned.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment