decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Treasure the Small Stuff

To say that my life has changed as I have grown older might just be the under statement of the century...everyone's does I'm pretty sure. I have gone from a young married with three children and a life where everyone of us was a joiner and doer to just me in my house. As I look back I am kind of amazed that we were able to do all of the things that I still like to do...times five! I have so much more time now and yet, I never seem to be on schedule. I just realized that maybe that is because I have become much more flexible in my old age.

I know that way back then, things had to get done to keep everything we were in charge of happening but I also now know that sometimes we did those things just because we had to and not necessarily because we wanted to. My life is so much different now. I make my list...but then, if a better invitation comes along I am more than happy to scrap that list.

Yesterday was just such a day. I had a hair appointment and then planned to come home and vacuum, do some wash and maybe even start a batch of cookies. And, that is what I was just starting when I heard the doorbell ring. And there were grandson #2, grand daughter #5 and daughter #3-with a lovely bottle of wine. They had dropped by to visit and talk about our plans for our trip next week and then Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I love to catch up with the kids on these visits too. There is always something new happening that Nana hasn't yet heard about!

And so, yesterday's plans have moved to today. I have some dough chilling in the fridge, clothes in the washer and the vacuuming done. Thought I might take a minute and show you the kitchen. Come on in.














That green Christmas tree plate on the left was a wedding gift (we got married 2 days after Christmas) 56 years ago. I have always loved it but I don't think when I first received it I realized just how special a gift it would be. Here I am still using it all these many years later while all of the towels, blenders, mixing bowls, etc. have gone by the wayside. Once I figured that out, if I am giving a wedding gift and I can get my hands on anything with the holiday theme (sometimes hard to do for a June wedding) that will be my go-to gift. I think of the gift givers of that plate all these years later and I hope my gifts will inspire the same thing.





For some reason the top shelf on the baker's rack didn't look good to me so when I found a few more cute bottle brush trees, I stuck them up there and it is oh so much better. Lol


And, when my daughter was here yesterday, we were finally able to get the picture of me with that beautiful horse to transfer to my phone.


Time to get some cookies in the oven so I'm off. Stay safe and stay tuned.


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment