decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, December 10, 2021

Tempus Fugit

 I'm not real good at keeping up with the days any more, but, I know they are going quickly and Christmas will be here before I know it. I am trying hard to get all gifts bought and wrapped, cookies made, etc. so that I can just relax and appreciate the rest of the season. With that in mind, let's head into the house. I made a few changes this year. Perhaps the largest is that I didn't get any fresh greenery to spread throughout my home like I usually do. I will probably appreciate that when I am taking things down because by then, needles are usually going everywhere but, I do miss the smell. I compensated with more faux greenery but, somehow, it doesn't quite do it! I'm putting out more plug-ins and coping. Lol


This arrangement has a string of the wired fairy lights that pop on every evening and it looks so pretty then.








As I look at these pictures, I realize just how much of a traditionalist I am. As much as I love all of the new, neutral colored decor, I somehow just keep going back to my red, green and greenery...and, of course, the Santas!


I usually put my vintage ornaments resting on a bed of fresh greens into this dough bowl. I tried to make it work with the faux greens but it just didn't look right so daughter #3 suggested I fill it with this arrangement...which I didn't have room for anywhere else this year...and I'm OK with it. I ended up putting the ornaments in a large silver bowl...and I now don't know where to put it either. Lol


 So that is it for the living room this year. Pretty much as it always is but I love it like this. When the outside lights come on and reflect back through this room, it is just so pretty...it makes me happy and that is all I can ask for these days. I have more to show you so stay safe and stay tuned.







No comments:

Post a Comment