decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, December 7, 2021

And the Season Begins!

Just as my house was finished getting decorated, the holiday festivities began. I was invited out to the World Equestrian Center on Saturday by daughter #3 and grand daughter #5. Presley is a horse lover and she loves all things Breyer Horse! This year, our beautiful new complex was hosting the 2021 Breyer Celebration Horse, Dani. They had planned a meet and greet and various activities. I will say, this is a beautiful horse and we were thrilled to get up close for pictures...and yes, I got some pictures taken too but for some reason, they are not transferring to my phone.


We arrived at the center in the morning and actually ended up spending the whole day. It is decorated so beautifully with so many photo ops. Even though everyone was co-operative (sometimes a challenge-lol), there were just too many to take advantage of them all. We're thinking another visit this season is in order. We took in all of the shops and ended up eating in the gorgeous grand hotel in the Yellow Pony Pub. There was a horse show going on so we pretty much spent the remainder of the day watching the jumping competition.




 

But, perhaps my favorite stop was at the toy store in the hotel. It of course carried all things Breyers as well as some of the most incredible things for young people I have ever seen. It is small but definitely gives FAO Schwartz a run for its money! There were a lot of people so I only snapped a few pictures. The life size...and moving, sound activated animals were mind blowing!



I've finally started making my lists and getting things on the calendar so I can keep track of all there is to do before the gang all arrives! It looks like everyone will be able to make it this year so I am very excited!

With all of that being said, let me show you the outside of the house before I head off to start my day. Daughter #3 and her three kiddos came to help me with the lights on the roof...and, that roof (and its gutters) were sparkly clean thanks to daughter #2 who had been here the day before...it takes a village to keep Nana off of the roof...lol) Harrison did the on-roof duty, Hudson (who is still in a cast from his wrist surgery) was keep closer to the ground on the smaller ladder and Presley, Jen and I laid out all of the lights and supervised. The kids have been helping me do this the last few tears after I got caught on the tippy top of my ladder by my neighbors and got tattled on. Lol





So that is the beginning of our Christmas 2021 tour. I'll be back soon with more...so much more. Lol Stay safe and stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment