decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, December 7, 2020

HoHoHo

I may still have a few little tweaks to go but, since those will involve a trip to the stores and I'm not doing that today, I thought I might as well get the Christmas tour going. It was pretty bleak and dreary when I took these pictures so things were even harder to photograph than usual. Hopefully you can feel the holiday cheer in spite of them.

The house really looks so pretty at night when all of the icicles are lit. Hopefully I can get a shot of that tonight.




Come on in. I left a lot of the living room decor much as it was last year. I think I am just drawn to lots of greenery and red and green. I guess I'm pretty traditional and it seems that no matter how hard I try to mix it up, I keep coming back to this. I'm not sure if that makes me really boring or just someone who knows what she likes. Lol

I actually bought the "merry" sign for the TV unit in the family room but I didn't like what I had here last year, so I made the switch.





I still love the "toy" wreath that I made so many years ago. Some of those ornaments were mine from the tree I used to have in my bedroom when I was a little girl so I'm pretty sure they truly qualify as antique now...just like me. Lol











And, looked who popped in on me for the weekend. My daughter and her husband were out of town so the kids and the puppers came and spent the weekend here. We kept it all very laid back and just filled the days with a Gator game, lots of Yahtzee and Gin Rummy, a Christmas movie, lots of food and treats and, of course, lots of laughs! These three can keep me on my toes but I love it. I truly can't believe how quickly they are growing up!


And, one last picture to end this year's football seasons. Trinity Catholic played a really good semi-final game but in the end the other team won. I know the kids were disappointed but I know they were also very proud of themselves for making it this far in a year of all kinds of crazy!

So that is the start of the tour for this year. I am off to make a list of all of the other things still needing to be done. Now that I have my new range, perhaps I can bake some cookies without constantly checking the oven temps...fingers crossed. Stay safe and stay tuned.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment