decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, December 28, 2020

And It's In the Books

 Wow, what a whirlwind week I had...and, I can't believe it is already over! I spent Christmas Eve at daughter #3's house. We actually watched a church service on television and then had a wonderful dinner. By the time we were done with dinner, it was raining pretty hard but we managed to get some reindeer food outside so Santa knew where to land. I got home pretty late and realized that we hadn't taken any pictures.

Christmas day saw us all starting at Jen's house. We were missing a bit of the family so things weren't as they usually are but we were just happy to have as many of us together as we did. We had dinner and lots of catching up at Jen's and then headed to my house for dessert and gifts. There is always so much going on that picture taking is random, at best, but we always try to get in a full group shot and one of me and my grandchildren.











Everyone stayed until the next morning which was wonderful because we got a bit more of a chance to catch-up now that the excitement of the holiday had died down a bit but, all too soon, they were all on their way home.

On Saturday afternoon, Jen, Presley, her friend and I headed out to our beautiful new World Equestrian Center. To say this place is massive is an under statement. It is a huge complex (the largest equestrian complex in the U.S.) that will be used for horse shows, trade shows, canine events, horse vendor events, etc. It has a huge hotel, many show arenas - indoor and out - restaurants, shops, beautiful housing for the horses and miles and miles of "stuff". It is seriously hard to believe that this is in Ocala! We went for an Appaloosa horse "ballet and then had dinner at one of the restaurants. We also got a chance to go see the horses up close in their cozy, warm holding areas.






And, I thought I would leave you with the latest rendition of the gingerbread man ornament. I added a roll of TP and now I love it.

So that is probably it for 2020! I'm kind of catching up on small things I let slide this week and trying to watch the rest of the Christmas movies and take in all of the lights and decorations while they're still up. By next week, it will be down and I will be on to Valentine's Day. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and wishing you all a happy and healthy 2021! Stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment