decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Taking the Easy Way Out!

In my last post I stated that when I made my Halloween tags, I was going to cut it down to two tags to see if they wouldn't hang better. But when I started to plan the designs, I wasn't getting excited about any of the normal Halloween images...for example, bats, witches, brooms, BOO, etc. And, since I am always drawn to letters and numbers, I decided to just go with the path of least resistance - the number 31 and Oct. And, since that would all fit on one tag, I kind of took care of the hanging problem at the same time. I got the inspiration for this tag from chalkcreekboutique.square.site.

Again, I headed to my Cricut machine and cut the numbers. I wanted them to be a bit more gothic than any I would draw myself. I painted the tag with black chalk painted and this time I simply traced the numbers on the tag and free handed the letters.


I had to use the tiniest brush to get those curves so the paint didn't flow quite as I would have liked but, I just went with it.


My plan had been to use my orange and white paint pens for the letters and the web but, when I opened the orange pen I found that it had not been capped tightly enough and it was dry. The white worked just fine and made those thin lines so simple...the orange, not so much. I had to use the thinnest brush ever and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get those lines both thin and straight. Each time I would try to go back, a few bristles would pop out and it would need even more tending to. I finally cried "uncle" and left it where it is! Don't look too closely! Lol


I tied it with a piece of black cording and some Halloween butcher's twine.


And, since my house is not yet decorated for Halloween, I don't know exactly where it will end up so this is the best I could do for now for a photo op.


My plan had been to make some tags for every holiday...and I might still do that...but for now, I'm going to wait and see how this gets used in a few weeks when all of the house is ready for the holiday and I know if it is something I want to do with the kids for them to give as gifts. If not, I'll make plans to whip out some for Thanksgiving and Christmas...we shall see. Until then, stay safe and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment