decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

It's All in the Family

My family room is one of my favorite rooms in the house. I love every afternoon when I finally make my way in there. As the sunlight starts to fade, the candles all start to come on and I always make sure there are a few real seasonal candles lit so the fragrance of the season is there as well. And then there is always some kind of glimmer coming from lights strung across the mantle. It is peaceful and calm and definitely my happy place...all times of the year but perhaps none more than autumn!

And so, let's take a look. This is how the room looked when I first took these pictures a few weeks ago. Some things have changed since then. I didn't re-do some of the whole room pictures but I did update the details and I will show you the difference as we move along.



I am so drawn to this little vignette. I think if I didn't have one other bit of autumn decor, I could be happy with just this. There is something about the rustiness of the lantern and the simplicity of that little white jug with just a bit of autumn finery...I don't know but I can just see it sitting on a round table in a little cottage in the mountains somewhere...ahhhh.



And once again the book stack and bead garland ended up here. This is getting too predictable...might have to mix it up a bit for Halloween. On the other hand, I AM trying to have more vignettes that can stay as is with just a quick seasonal/color change...so, we'll see.


This is how the mantel started out...


...and here it is after I added a bunch of the burlap leaves. I definitely like it better now.









This is how the book pumpkin started out...


...and here it is with its burlap leaves.




And here is the view from my favorite spot as night begins to enter. I took these with my phone, so they're not great but I think you can see why I love this room so much.





So that's it for this year's family room. I ventured out yesterday looking for a few things. Bought some wood at Lowes and some Halloween goodies at the Dollar Tree so I have my next few projects lined up. I'm saving the Halloween one to do with the kids but am chomping at the bit to get out there and rev up the old chop saw. The only reason I'm not is because it will probably be a few day project and my girl friend is coming over for the day tomorrow. Once I get going, I don't like to stop so I am saving this for a few free days. I'm thinking if I enjoy it, it could become one of my favorite "make one for each season/holiday" kind of projects...and I love those! I'll do the first one and see how I feel...and you'll be the first to know.

Stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment