decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, September 12, 2019

Wrapping It Up!

I know I say this way too often but, "where does the time go?". Here we are already almost smack dab in the middle of September and I still have a huge list of "to-dos". I think the unseasonable heat we are having may have something to do with it. Most of the things on my list involve the outdoors and, if I don't get out there first thing in the morning, I feel like I will have a heat stroke.

There are some things that can't wait-like the exciting job of addressing the dragging wheels on the large gate into the back yard. That gate needs to open so that the riding mower can get back there and time and weight have definitely taken there toll on it. I thought it might be an easy fix but I was wrong. As usual, once I get going, one things leads to another and before I knew it, I was tearing the gate apart, nailing on new wood and trying to get the very large bolts back into those wheels. And then, all of the ground around it had to be dug out so it dragged no more. This was a job but Tawanda came to help and I got it done...at least until the next time.

That are the kind of things I have been up to this week. When everything came down for Dorian, it gave me a chance to re-evaluate what I wanted to go back up. Not everything made the cut but that is fine. The gardens look a bit more cleared out...for now. We shall see if it lasts.

So, when I finally made my way back to this blog, I realized that we still have just a bit of the 2019 tour to take. Let's finish up today.

Again, I'm keeping the sunroom pretty minimal because this is an area we use a lot and it is easy to just move the one vase on the table. 


As a matter of fact, this is what the table looks like as I type. I bought this puzzle as a Dorian time killer but, since we didn't really get any bad weather from the storm, I yanked it out one quiet afternoon and actually sat there until it was done. It is a picture of doors and windows and, since I have always been drawn to these kinds of pictures, I just couldn't stop!



I always like to have just a little "pop" of the season in my bath...


...with a bit more for my guests.




I love seasonal and holiday soaps...I am addicted. I'm not sure which it is more-the wonderful scents or the beautiful wrappings...but, I definitely have more than my fair share between these two baths. And, the only time I will crack one open is if I find an even prettier one to take its place. Lol


That is it for the autumn home tour this year. Believe it or not, Halloween will start creeping in before I know it as it is a many day affair. I am actually thinking of cutting back a bit this year-especially outside-because our whole family will be heading to Clearwater on Oct. 25 for one of Har's away games and then continuing on to St. Pete for the weekend at daughter #1's house. And the I will be staying on for at least another week. I know my neighbors already think of me as the crazy holiday lady but I don't want to give them more to talk about by keeping Halloween up out front well into November. We'll see if I'm still feeling this way when the decorations come out! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment