decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, May 5, 2019

Movie Matinee Day For Sure!

I am just starting to hear some grumbling in the skies and am optimistic that we may finally get some of the rain that the weatherman has been predicting for weeks! I am ready for an afternoon of movies...without the guilty feeling that I should be getting something accomplished that is still sitting on my to-do list. Honestly though, aren't there ALWAYS things sitting undone on everyone's' to-do lists?

In any case, I snapped a few more pictures before it got too terribly dark in here. Let's head to the family room.








Do you remember this sign that Michaels almost paid me to take off their hands? I wasn't sure where it would go but then I decided to give it a try in the family room. I knew I wanted to use the basket to mimic the basket on the back of the bicycle and add the flowers but, after doing that it just didn't "read" correctly. Then, all of a sudden, I spied the sun hat in the front basket of the bike and it was an ah-ha moment. Luckily I had just the thing in my closet. I truly don't understand how silly little things like this can make me so happy, but they do.





That's it for the family room. This is turning into a wonderful, unexpected weekend-which I am not complaining about after the last two super busy weeks I have had. Yesterday, we were off for a lacrosse game in Gainesville. It seems as if my oldest grandson has decided to add lacrosse once again to his already pretty full agenda. We met my brother and sister-in-law there. It was early enough that the weather was perfect and Team Ocala got a win!


Then we headed to Depot Park. It is a wonderful new park in Gainesville full of all sorts of play ground equipment and water features. Just the perfect place to be as the sun got a bit warmer. Daughter #2 joined us here and after lots of fun in the water, we headed up to get some lunch. There are 2 food areas as well as a food truck available so everyone was able to find something to eat.
 



We were so busy visiting that we really didn't remember to take pictures but you can tell by this one that a busy time was had by all.



After a really nice visit with all, we were ready to head home to Ocala but Presley wanted to stay in Gainesville and spend the night with her aunt and uncle. Here's where they ended up just a few minutes later...smart kid!


Jen, Hudson and I decided since we were driving right past one of our favorite little towns, we would make a stop in Micanopy for some ice cream. This town really does remind you of old Florida-so peaceful and quiet-at least when there isn't some kind of a festival going on. It was a lovely way to wile away a bit of a lazy Saturday afternoon. 



And then, we were off for home-or so I thought. As we were driving through McIntosh, my daughter decided to make another stop at an antique shop. She is always on the look out for unusual things for her clients but today she was in search of an iron gate for herself. Funny thing is that we forgot all about the gate when she saw an old rusty arbor for sale...and then a few other treasures-including a Mother's Day gift for me! And then the topper was meeting the owners 3 Golden Doodles-one of whom looked exactly like my daughter's 2nd dog. We spent way too much time there but the addition of the dogs made it OK with my grandson so we did lots of looking and planning-might be another trip back soon.



And now, it is Sunday and the skies have finally opened. I have to be careful what I wish for but I know my lawn and gardens are saying a prayers of thanks. It has been pretty dry of late. Of course now there will be tons of branches and moss all over to be picked up once again but hey, I always say I love a project. A bit more spring to come so stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment