decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Dog Days of Summer!

I know it is only May, but I am already over what feels like the heat of summer! I knew I shouldn't brag so much about the perfectly gorgeous weather we had for awhile. I wish I could have bottled it because now, it is just down right hot! Just what you think about when you hear the words "a Florida summer"!

In any case, I am plowing forward. I still had a list of finishing touch to-dos...and I still do in fact although I have gotten many things crossed off at this point. Honestly, if I don't get out as soon as the sun comes up to finish the rest, they may go unfinished.

I just filled 7 more garbage cans with the leaves that came off of the roof-with still more to go. These are the culprits!



They're really stately old oaks and I'm sure they help keep my electric bill down but they sure do drop a lot of leaves!!

I also got almost all of the pool furniture touched up, the fountains cleaned and, as we speak, all of the weeds pulled or "Round-Up" soaked. Things are looking pretty good-and just in time. My brother and sister-in-law are coming this weekend and we're having a little impromptu Memorial Day party.

I also just got back from Sherwin Williams with a gallon of paint for the front door, garage door and shutters. Don't believe it when someone tells you "paint is an inexpensive way to make a big change" these days. That's not true any more but paint has come so far that I guess the extra expense is worth the convenience!

I was going to make new shutters but, for now, I'm just going to paint the ones I have and see how it looks. I have been looking for a new color for awhile and even though my decorator daughter says I should go really light, I'm not convinced. I will post that transformation soon and let you be the judge.

I'm also starting to think of some July 4th crafts. My grand children will be in town this year so I want to be ready in case we take a notion  Did you know you could buy these like this?


I truly didn't until I started watching some craft videos and everyone was using them. I grabbed a few when I saw them the other day and will probably head back for more. Right now I'm enamored by the red, white and blue stars everyone is doing. There are lots of design options so I might make a few as samples and see what the kids would like to do.



And, since I will be putting 4th of July out before too long, I should probably finish up the spring house tour. Let's catch the dining room today.








Tonight I'm off to grand son #2's 5th grade graduation and then his award ceremony tomorrow. Then I'm free to get going on the painting...can't wait. Stay tuned...and if you're in Florida, try to stay cool!




No comments:

Post a Comment