decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, May 23, 2019

How Quickly I Forgive!

Those very same trees that I was not very happy about in my last post quickly became my best friends yesterday! Holy THERMOSTAT! We are in the midst of a real heat wave and, instead of being smart and staying inside like I said I was going to do, I headed out yesterday morning to repaint the front door, shutters and garage door. It was on my list and I just wanted it done!

I started in the morning when the front of the house was shady. I really thought I could get it done in 3 or 4 hours but I forgot about all of the prep work. The front door has a window, lock and handle. The shutters touch the brick. And, the garage door has four 4 paned windows and the decorative hinge hardware that I put on it a few years ago. There was a lot of prep work involving taping off-definitely not my favorite thing. And, much up and down the ladder between tape, paint and towels for drips!

On top of all of that, I wasn't sure of the color. I really didn't know where I wanted to go but I knew I wanted to get rid of that "Christmas" green. One day I loved it...the next day, not so much.

I really did try to go "out of the box" but, in the end, I came back to a shade of green. Whatever I chose had to go with the brick and the brown of the soffit and fascia...not to mention all of my seasonal decor. Lol. If we didn't have so much brown, I would have gone with a classic black. Since, to me, green is another neutral and goes with everything (think about all of the colors in nature that  go with the green of leaves and grass), green it would be!

Here's a reminder of where I started...







Those hinges and handles were a nightmare! I didn't want to take them off because they are on so well but painting around all of the intricate little curly ques required one of my smallest craft brushes and between my eyes and the heat, believe me when I say they are far from perfect!


And, here we are now.




I think I like it...but, even if I didn't, it wouldn't be changing any time soon!! Lol

I can't believe that grand child #6 has now "graduated" from 5th grade and is on to middle school...only one left to go and she only has one year left. I truly don't know where the time goes! I am so proud of Hudson and his accomplishments this year. Eighth Street Elementary had a wonderful ceremony and then we got to head to his favorite restaurant for a celebration dinner so it was an all-together lovely evening!




I'm going to try to get a few more small things off of my list today but you can be sure none of them will require a long time outside! Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment