decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, May 2, 2019

Finally Seeing the Light

I have been working non-stop on my "catch-up to-do" list and am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Not only did I have lots of little finishing up details from all of the outside work to do but, I had so much catch-up on inside things that I had neglected while I was spending my entire days outside. Whew! Spring is just that time of year where I feel the need to clean and refresh everything!

Now that I have a pretty good handle on it, I thought I would show you the next room of spring decor. I always feel a bit of a let down when I'm posting spring because, in my opinion, even though it is a gorgeous season outside, it lacks the same pizzazz inside-at least in my house when compared to other holidays or seasons.

Never-the-less, here is what the kitchen is looking like these days. Somehow, I skip the real springy stuff in here and go back a bit of just a traditional kitchen look.

As I post these blogs, I am always amazed by my "new eyes". I have walked past that bucket of purple tulips a thousand times and I am just realizing that there is not another hint of purple anywhere in this area and it is now driving me crazy. I will probably change that as soon as I am done here-but, too tired right now to get up and do it and then take all of the pictures again. Sorry. You'll just have to imagine how gorgeous it is going to look. Lol








 

Oh wait, there's a "hint" of purple!


And yes, I see a bit of purple on those dishes!





I have always loved this canvas that we bought at our Fine Arts Show one year. It is a print on canvas and the picture of that beautiful potting room has always spoken to me. When I did this vignette this year, I realized that my tobacco basket could kind of mimic the garden trug in the picture. And now I'm thinking I might just have to track down a real trug!




So that is it for today. I'm off to tackle a few more things on the list but I will be back. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment