decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, September 14, 2018

Taking Matters Into My Own Hands

I have had a super busy week. I have managed to fit in two minor surgeries, dinner out with some friends I taught with many years ago, and a visit from daughter #2 with lots of talking until late at night and a wonderful lunch the next day. Today I needed to run all of the errands I've been putting off all week. I will admit that some of those errands included some shopping. I decided that if Mother Nature wasn't yet ready to bring autumn to Florida , I would do everything in my power to find what I could and at least bring it to my house. I found everything "pumpkin" that I could and even threw in the beginnings of some Halloween.


I was in Lowes buying still more mums when I spied these LED flicker candles in orange. They aren't as large as I would like but I was so excited to finally find any that I bought all that my two closest stores carried. The older I get and the more I seem to forget to blow out every candle at night, the more excited I am to have these candles around-they're truly the closest thing to a real flickering candle and so much safer. I still burn a few Yankee Candle jar candles so those and my plug-ins keep the house smelling of pumpkin spice as well.

I've already been through a box of pumpkin spice K-cups and couldn't find any more so I moved on to the ground coffee. Since my machine has a permanent K-cup filter as well, it is easy enough to fill it with ground coffee-just not quite as easy to clean up-but, a lot less expensive so I guess it's a wash!

I bought all of the pumpkin cereal I could find and even threw in a box a Spooky Halloween cereal for the little kids. I've been having lots of company on the weekends so it's always good to have some tricks up my sleeve. I also grabbed the glow-in-the-dark Halloween nail polish when I saw it. I know my youngest grand daughter will love it and even though it's a bit early to be thinking of Halloween for most people, I have learned that some of these special things sell out quickly-best to buy it when you see it!

I found 4 dinner plates and even a Halloween novel by one of my favorite mystery authors!

And, since I last blogged, I've made 2 batches of these goodies. They're pumpkin spice baked donut holes and so yummy! I made one batch for my SIL's B'day and another for daughter #2 and her family.




And, Michaels got in their Halloween ribbon so I was able to get these cuties finished and they will all soon be on their way!


Wish I had more exciting things to share but the month of September is going so fast! I am having fun squeezing in every bit of enjoyment I can before it disappears! And, since it's still so warm outside, I am actually still squeezing in lots of pool time as well-a win-win situation! I've got two more football games tomorrow and then I'm going to see if I can't start making some of our party plans. Stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment