decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, September 22, 2018

New Kids on the Block

Even though Autumn decor will only be up about another week in my house, I seem to find myself still tweaking. A lot of the autumn stuff will be back in November so I figure there is still lots of bang for my buck to come. Here are the latest "new kids on the block".

It might be time to put this poor mum outside but make note of the olive bucket. I found it in WalMart in their autumn section. It certainly meets the test-metal and rust!


Here's where the new frame landed. I like that it has a lot of the same muted greens and oranges as the bowl set and place mat.



And my absolute favorite newbie is this watercolor pillow from Pottery Barn. They offered me a deal and with my daughter's decorator discount I really couldn't refuse. Lol The only problem is that since it is an outdoor pillow, it doesn't have a cover. I will probably be taking it apart after the season and adding either a zipper or some VelCro. With the number of seasonal and holiday pillows that I have, covers are so much easier to store and take up practically no room. When I look at this pillow and then the plates that I bought the other day, I can see that I am nothing if not consistent-the style and colorations are so very similar. There is something about the orange of the pumpkin, purple of the berries and soft greens of the foliage that just speaks to me!
 


And, lastly, the green urn that Kohls was almost paying me to take off of their hands. Kohls is not my favorite store but there are definitely times that I can find a lot to buy in there-especially when they are having a sale and then I have an additional 30% off and get back $10 in Kohls Kash for every $50 I spend. This urn spoke to me and since it started at $60, was on sale for 50% off and then I had an additional 30% off, how could I pass it up? Really, except for Valentine's, Christmas and 4th of July, it will probably remain out all the rest of the year. Now if I can only remember to go back and buy something with my $30 in Kohls Kash before it expires, it will be a super deal!!


I have had such a fun week. Our weather is improving so I enjoyed doing lots of gardening-and still able to enjoy my pool as well-, spent a full day with an old friend and got an impromptu invite yesterday to tag along with daughter #3 as she did some shopping for her clients (and I definitely picked up a few of her decorator tips) followed by a lovely lunch before heading to pick up the kids from school. Today has already seen one early football game and I am just about to head back to the field for the other. Today is the official start of fall and I think Mother Nature is finally starting to co-operate with us. I couldn't be happier! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment