decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, September 27, 2018

It's Moving Way Too Fast!

I really dislike the tricks my mind plays on me! I know there are 24 hours in all days and 30-31 days in most months! That being fact...why do June, July and August simply DRAGGG for me and September is over in the blink of an eye! I swear it just began and today's calendar is saying that it is already the 27th. How do I stop this? I love my autumn decorations so much but I know that as soon as I have a few uninterrupted days, it will all be going away and out will come Halloween.

Now, you know me, Halloween is my absolute favorite and my heart beat increases just seeing orange and black...and purple and green added with it now too. But, once October arrives, the calendar is crazy and I know that it will zoom by even faster. I'm trying hard to slow it all down, take it all in and enjoy every minute. I have been working on a family Christmas gift this month in any spare second that I have and also looking forward to a family football weekend. The gang will be here for the boys' games with a cook out back at daughter #3's house in between and then back at night to all watch the Gator game together! Always a fun time when this gang gets together and always lots of good food and conversation!

I did take a minute to look back on last year's decorations to see where I could once again fit in the laboratory. It will take a bit of finagling, but I think I will do it. I also think that I will keep my Poe vignette, mantle and dining room picture gallery pretty much the same. I liked the change to them last year and, once again, if it ain't broke...


I have also been asked by Presley to re-instate the ghostly chandelier that she and her cousins made several years back. I truly don't know how she remembers that, but she does and she wants it in the living room again this year. I am nothing if not all about making memories for my family so if the youngest remembers this and asks for it back, back it shall come!

I just found the pictures and it was actually from 2011!





I always loved my picture gallery. It was on the family room mantle for years. But then, last year I just decided to change it up. And, since the dining room niche is always so challenging for me to decorate, I thought I would give it a try. I had to get rid of the frames that I always had hanging askew and figure out a new way to use the attic light, but I ended up really liking it so, you shall see it again this year! I always have a few new little treasures to squeeze in so who knows where they end up and if anything you are looking at right now may change?!


I think this is the LEAST I have ever had on the mantle but I kind of like it. We shall see how the mood strikes as I actually hit the ground running. Just looking at these pictures makes me want to start pulling out the 10+  bins of Halloween that I have but I may have some company coming by and, believe me, the process for this swap is nothing any sane person needs to witness...Lol. Everything else is up for change but, as I have said before, my brain and my body are getting older and slower so we shall see! In any case, a week from now I will be missing my leaves but basking in all things witch, skeleton, jack-o-lantern and orange and black...and purple...and green. It just dawned on me that with thenew furniture placement, a bit of this display might have to move but that is the fun of it all! Stay tuned.







No comments:

Post a Comment