decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, September 24, 2018

"Falling" Into Autumn

What a perfect weekend this was! It once again started at the football field. Our first game was at 8 a.m. and the temperature was in the mid 70s with a lovely breeze. We were on the side of the field where we were looking into the sun but that is a small price to pay for the beautiful weather! And, a victory!

Game number two at 4 was a bit lot hotter and, once again, we were on the side looking into the now setting sun...but, another whopping victory made it well worth the glare!


As we were on our way out, my youngest grand daughter told me she and her brother were coming to spend the night at my house...which was news to me. I guess they had arranged it all-just forgot to ask. Lol Of course, it was fine. We had a simple supper, watched a movie and I got to catch up on the Gator game (victory #3 of my day) while they played a video game.

Sunday was another beautiful day and the kids and I took advantage of it. After a large breakfast where we were entertained by all of the birds and squirrels outside the sunroom windows, we had a typical lazy Sunday. We got in lots of games, swimming, another movie, lots of snacking and lots of talking. Presley and I also found time to go through all of my files of our past Halloween hijinks and decided on the games and food for this year's traditional family Halloween costume party. Plus, since she and her family are coming over the weekend before to help me tackle some heavy duty chores, she has plans to squeeze in more Halloween fun that weekend too.


It fills my heart to see how important all of these family traditions are to even the youngest of my grand children. Every time I try to convince myself that we can let go of some of our traditions, the kids remind me that they're having none of that! They love it all. And so, we will do our best to squeeze it all in. I can't wait.

And, I'm so excited to see that not only do I have a Meyer lemon growing on my new little tree but the tree has bloomed again. I can't stop myself from sticking my face in those blossoms as the scent of citrus blooming takes me straight back to my childhood and the wonderful aromas of orange groves that surrounded us all of the time! My cousins and I loved it so much that we always bought little bottles of orange blossom cologne every time we visited McKee Jungle Gardens near our home in Vero Beach. Not sure I would wear it any more but I sure would sniff of it!



I have a fun week ahead but I think I might see if I can't at least get a start on my Halloween decorating. This one usually takes a full 4 days, so we will see if I can accomplish anything without those dedicated days. I'll be back to share as soon as I have something to show you. I will say, I may have to make a few changes on last year's decor. It was the first year I didn't dedicate a huge area to my spooky laboratory...and I heard about it. I was trying to keep with my new "simplify" mantra but, since Presley has mentioned it no less than 5 times already this year and pretty much beseeched me to bring it back, what's a Nana to do? Now I'm wondering if I didn't get rid of a lot of it at the garage sale...boy will I be in trouble. Here are some pictures from the past of the kids really enjoying this area. The one thing she keeps mentioning is the beaker of eyeballs...and I'm almost positive I got rid of the eyeballs...maybe even the beaker. Sure hope they still sell those things!






I think I see another laboratory in my future...lol Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment