decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Wow!!

As I have said so many times before, we know how to milk a holiday in this house! We started our Christmas fun on Dec. 23 and just ended it yesterday - although our decorations will be up for a bit longer just because I love them!








The day before Christmas eve, Hudson came over to spend some time with me. He decided that he would like to make Christmas ornaments for everyone, so, being the dinosaur that I am and having crafts supplies left over from forever, we dug around and came up with just the right number of wooden snowflakes. He decided on the paint and glitter colors all on his own and came up with a different design for each one he did! He was so proud of himself when he presented these to each family on Christmas day! Then, he "helped" me start some of my Christmas cooking and gift wrapping. It was fun to have a little helper once again.









We headed to Gainesville Christmas eve where we continued many traditions like throwing out reindeer food, putting out milk and cookies and carrots for Santa and his reindeer, playing games, tucking in our elves, etc. And then, the girls started a new tradition this year. They made each of us a gingerbread cookie "self portrait" and made us guess who was whom (?). Wonder why everyone knew exactly which one was supposed to be me?!







The girls opened up family, stocking and Santa gifts the next morning. And then after breakfast and the traditional "paper burst", we all headed down to our house.










We had a wonderful, family-filled day and then were surprised to find that almost everyone was staying a few more days.

On Thursday, we headed to Jennie's for a brunch and gab fest kind of day. My brother and sister-in-law joined us after their trip to N.C..

Then, on Friday we had a lazy day and movies.





Saturday found everyone heading home so we decided to go down to Mt. Dora and have lunch in one of our favorite places, the Windsor Rose Tea Room. Then, we always enjoy walking around the town. We love this place any time of year, but it is especially magical at Christmas time. Full of so many cute little shops all decorated for the season and all of the hustle and bustle of the holiday.

I am going to use the next few days to catch up on so many little things I have let slide and then will be thinking of the new year. I am not one for resolutions, but I am hoping that 2014 will be the year that I can actually tackle some of the organizing and de-cluttering and re-decorating that I have only seemed able to do in my mind of late. So many ideas, so little time. Maybe this year will be the charm!! Stay tuned for the ride!!

No comments:

Post a Comment