decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It IS Easy Being green...


....at least it is if you live with me! Green really is my favorite color! In all things! It is really my neutral. As I was decorating for St. Patrick's Day this year, I realized that all things green going out would now pretty much be out in my house until I go to orange and black for Halloween. Some of it may take a back seat when 4th of July comes out but most of the "green neutrals" will be my backdrop through decorating for Easter, spring, summer and even the beginnings of autumn decorating.

Now, I will admit to probably having more actual St. Pat's decor than the average person. I LOVE St. Patrick's Day. I will celebrate it whether I can drag anyone else into it or not! I sometimes feel that in a prior life, I must have lived in Ireland-ha-ha. Everything about it calls out to me and I think I would never leave home if I lived in an old stone house with sheep grazing out in my verdant pastures-but, I digress.

So, as I decorate for this holiday, I start by building a backdrop of green-candles, plants, ceramic and dish ware, etc. Then, I nestle in the shamrocks, leprechauns, etc. I love the bells-of-Ireland flowers and will be heading out to see if I can't find more this afternoon. And, of course, I love my pictures. I will do anything-I have no shame-to get the kids into some kind of green gear for this year's pictures. If it takes the props that I own, I am not above it. And, we will have to fit in a green meal or two!

I am still tweaking a few things, but let's get started in the family room. There are slight changes from last year-see if you can spot them. I am still planning a trip to McIntosh and possibly "The Barn" so I might find some new treasures before March arrives!




As you can see, things were kept pretty natural in this room. Just lots of green with a few "St. Pat's" thrown in. It is a very peaceful feel-kind of like being just outside the door in the garden....but way better because right now the garden is still showing the effects a just a few cold nights and not very "peaceful" to me because I know how much work there is to do once I get started! Out of town for a few days but then we will continue the tour-stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment