decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thanksgiving Tweaks

For some reason, the area above the mirror just didn't look right to me. Guess I am used to there always being a seasonal "something" hanging there. I downloaded this banner from At Second Street, printed it on orange, added a bit of glitter and seasonal embellishments and strung it on twine. I think it balances the wall off just right.

The following two pictures were also downloaded and framed with old frames I had around the house - so, a "free" project. I did have to spray paint the one frame. It was floral and very 1980s. I had a hammered bronze paint and just gave it a few light coats and, voila!


Our weather has been picture perfect this past week. I love the cozy feel of the autumnal colors and lights, the smell of the autumn candles and the flicker of our first fire this season. I did notice that the A/C came on once or twice, but that is a small price to pay for the warm, fuzzies that autumn has to hand out. Can't believe Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment