decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas


Can't believe I've been away from blogland for so long. Guess life has a way of interrupting other things. I am finally feeling good about my decorating. I had planned to do some different vignettes this year, but just haven't had the time to plan and shop, so I am basically using all the things I've had and putting them out slightly differently this year.

Take these Santas for instance. I have a pretty large Santa collection and for years they pretty much dominated my decorating. Then, suddenly, I was over that but couldn't quite bring myself to get rid of them altogether so I am putting them in large groups in less obvious places rather than spacing them around everywhere. These Santas are sitting on top of an armoire in the livingroom.

As you first enter the house, you are greeted by the decorated hall tree with my Santa hat and my husband's Bah Humbug cap. He really loves Christmas but it wouldn't be a holiday if he didn't pretend to let a bit of his "Scrooge" shine through!

Since I didn't have much time to mull my decorations this year, this vignette just sort of happened. I bought the new olive jar at Pottery Barn and paired it with the red and green ones I already owned from Southern Living along with one of my lanterns and just added the sparkle tree that I found at The Shoppe in Micanopy. I added some fresh pine trimmed from our tree and poinsettias and I love the natural feel of it.

Because I was so rushed when it came to decorating, I decided to pretty much keep to a red and green theme - which truth be told is my favorite as I am pretty traditional - and just add my beloved glitter and mercury glass. I love the sparkle it gives and to me, sparkle and candles say Christmas! Notice the most current Santa pictures in their place of honor! Rest assured the past years will show up soon!

This is basically a collection of mercury glass and candles. I am going to add fresh greens around the bases - just haven't gotten there yet.


I love this deer candleabra on the coffee table. He makes quite a statement and looks beautiful when he is lit at night. I think I got him at Pier 1 one year after the holiday. Had to really talk myself into him as I have another large deer candleabra that I got at Pottery Barn but doesn't everyone need two?!

That's pretty much it for the livingroom. I will be back with more soon. Then I will also share some of the reasons I have been so busy of late - G.S. ceremonies, birthdays and the Nutcracker take priority since they involve time with my grandchildren - and isn't that what it's all about after all??

No comments:

Post a Comment