decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Come Ye Thankful People Come



I always love the displays of "abundance" that I see this time of the year. I decided I wanted to do my mantle that way this year but I didn't want to buy anything new as I have ENOUGH stuff to last my lifetime. I just kind of gathered up all of the gourds I had (including the ones that spell BOO on the back side) and pushed them into the garland and lights. I had to really discipline myself in Hobby Lobby the other day because they have autumn decorations at 66% off and I wanted so badly to buy some new garlands and veggies - but, I resisted temptation!

This isn't a very good picture of the living room but I put it here mainly to show that my Thanksgiving decorations aren't far off my autumn decorations. I move things around a bit and than add in any pilgrims or turkeys that I have.

The hutch holds several turkey tureens that I have accumulated and some plates that I fell in love with last year at Home Goods. I only bought these four for decoration because: 1. we don't do Thanksgiving at my house very often and 2. I already have a full set of VERY SIMILAR dishes that I can use .... and somehow sanity did prevail that day!

I did notice that I have a fair number of ceramic items that I made back in the day when I had the time to do such things. Made me remember that I also made a set of corn plates and tureen done in Indian corn colors. Haven't seen that thing in ages. I remember it took FOREVER to paint each little kernel another color - several coats each. Guess I'll have to see if I can remember where it is "stored".





As you see, I don't go overboard on Thanksgiving although I am planning a few new crafts this weekend as time permits. We have another important Gator game and our grand dog is coming to stay for a few weeks as my daughter and her family travel to Italy once again. Well see how it goes. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Looks beautiful. Almost makes me wish I would be there!! Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!! We will be thinking of all of you while we eat pasta, drink cheap wine and look at David in Florence and the Leaning Tower!! Buon giorno!

    ReplyDelete